My preliminary mock-up (1 Viewer)

Chippy McChiperson

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
So I've seen all your wonderful custom chips, and I am seriously thinking about creating my own custom set. I don't have a theme yet or anything, so no inlay, but I was playing around with colors and edge spots and I came up with the following. I was wondering if anyone had any comments or suggestions (or criticisms, please don't hold back as I'm a newbie at this and I have fairly thick skin).

MyCustom.png

B-mold is interesting. You don't see it used very often. It's a very coordinated set, with a lot of colors shared from chip to chip.

6 denoms is a lot for one set. You might want to pick cash or tournament and narrow it down. Or go crazy and do two complementary sets.

B-mold is interesting. You don't see it used very often. It's a very coordinated set, with a lot of colors shared from chip to chip.

6 denoms is a lot for one set. You might want to pick cash or tournament and narrow it down. Or go crazy and do two complementary sets.

You've obviously never played poker with this man. He NEEDS denoms $0.25-$500 in his cash set.

Some good things going on in that mockup, but it seems kinda all over the place right now with spots and repeating colors. My advice would be to start with the $5 and come up with something you really really love (that also won't be TOO ridiculously expensive, since you're going to order a zillion of them) and work around that.

Level 11 $1 chip is mega-baller, but any particular reason why you want to use that spot pattern on the $1? It kind of makes any kind of progression... difficult. :p

You do have a lot of shared colors and if that's what you're going for it looks great. I would probably play around with different color edge spots, mix it up a little and see if there is something you like more. I'm in no way a design expert but some complimentary colors with contrasting colors is what I always end up doing. I like the 500 a lot for that reason.

Level 11 $1 chip is mega-baller, but any particular reason why you want to use that spot pattern on the $1? It kind of makes any kind of progression... difficult. :p

If you think you'll ever need to add on another thousand $1 chips so that you can play limit games (2/4, 3/6, 4/8), you might think twice about a level 11 pattern. I am speaking from experience with my $1's, which I think were level 4 at the time I ordered my customs. That said, your $1 is spectacular.

Personally, I wouldn't change the quarter, $1, $25, or $500 -- they are all fine-looking chips, both individually and as part of the set. Only change I'd make there is swap the arc yellow spots for dg peach on either the $1 or $25 (but not both).

The $5? Doesn't do much for me, either colors or spot design. I think it can be better.

The $100? Looks fine on it's own, but pretty much duplicates the quarter for colors (which would bug the bejesus outta me). Spot choice is okay, but it does pale in comparison to most of the other chips in the lineup. I'd probably drop the blue for an alternate color (you got a lot of blue going on in this set already), and maybe replace the dg yellow with something else, too.

See below for a few suggestions.

chippy.png

I really like this lineup -- all chips are impressive alone, yet work well together as a set:

chippy2.png

(changes from OP: dayglo peach spotted $1, 3143DS18 mandarin red $5, rotated spots on $25, rotated-spot charcoal/dg pink/gray $100)

Guys thanks for some really great ideas. Those look great, and I agree with the peach. Dave I really like your black $100 and Stocky I really like your first $5.

Are you changing your username to Bippy McBipperson?

;)

B-mold is very nice, imo -- very close to md-50 in terms of feel.

That Charcoal hundo is sweet!

There's a touch too much yellow in the spots across the first 4 chips for my taste, with the Yellows and Peach. Maybe try swapping a couple of colours in to the lineup?

Might be the most expensive line-up of six chips I've seen out of the gate.

Really like the set Dave put together in post #13. Personally, I'd try to not use white spots in both the $5 and $25, especially given that we have white $1, but not a game changer

I like your latest $25 chip much better than previous versions. Try using arc yellow and move the dayglo peach spot color to the $1 chip (I think arc yellow works better with greens, and the dg peach is a bit bolder on the bright white).

And btw you're not boring me. I love mock up threads and love seeing how they progress to the final product.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom