My preliminary mock-up (1 Viewer)

Just playing around Bill, what do you think:

billset.png

Ok so I was playing around with this some more, and I tweaked a couple of things. Dave, I hear what you are saying with the Dayglo Arc Yellow going better with the green chips, but I really like it on the $1 chip and I don't think I want to compromise on that one. Anyway, I came up with some other ideas for Greens, because this chip and the red chip seem to be the ones I'm having the most difficulty with. Also, not sure if I want to go with this mold or the 314318. I'm still leaning toward the 314318 I think.

GreenCustom.png

Here is one idea for the full set, keep in mind the green is completely up in the air at this point. I changed the red some, and kept the white, because it looks nice (to me anyway) and I took it out of the green chip. Do you guys think this is still too white in this set? I also changed the yellow on the black chip to dayglo saturn instead of canary. I'm still considering Dave's grey chip, which really is a beautiful chip, but I initially wanted to keep the $100 black for consistancy. I'm having a tough time deciding :). Anyway, what do you all think?

BillCustom.png

Ok so I was playing around with this some more, and I tweaked a couple of things. Dave, I hear what you are saying with the Dayglo Arc Yellow going better with the green chips, but I really like it on the $1 chip and I don't think I want to compromise on that one. Anyway, I came up with some other ideas for Greens, because this chip and the red chip seem to be the ones I'm having the most difficulty with. Also, not sure if I want to go with this mold or the 314318. I'm still leaning toward the 314318 I think.

View attachment 13221

Here is one idea for the full set, keep in mind the green is completely up in the air at this point. I changed the red some, and kept the white, because it looks nice (to me anyway) and I took it out of the green chip. Do you guys think this is still too white in this set? I also changed the yellow on the black chip to dayglo saturn instead of canary. I'm still considering Dave's grey chip, which really is a beautiful chip, but I initially wanted to keep the $100 black for consistancy. I'm having a tough time deciding :). Anyway, what do you all think?

View attachment 13222

I prefer the charcoal, but it's not like the black is bad by any means. Obviously the $1 is the star of this set. The $25 still seems lacking to me. Any idea what you want to do with the inlay?

I prefer the charcoal, but it's not like the black is bad by any means. Obviously the $1 is the star of this set. The $25 still seems lacking to me. Any idea what you want to do with the inlay?

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the $25 lol. No clue yet, I was thinking maybe "Chippy's Card Room", but even thats not set in stone, I don't have a logo or theme or anything really at this point.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the $25 lol. No clue yet, I was thinking maybe "Chippy's Card Room", but even thats not set in stone, I don't have a logo or theme or anything really at this point.
I'm out at my kids swim lesson but I might try to mock something for you later. I think the secondary colors are where the $25 loses me.

Next year they will let me have free time in the deep end!

40Mg7jU.gif

on the topic of the actual thread, i'm loving that $5 and $500 a LOT. i think if you're committed to the $1, you might want to mess around a bit with the frac, though. the light/pastel colors tend to wash out being right next to each other i think.

Or light brown/butterscotch is a great combo.

BUT I really like the original 25¢

Also IMO green chips are some of the hardest chips to mock up using the CPC color palate. That's why I prefer $20s :)

chipp1b.png

I'm not nearly as good at this as most, but what about this $25?
Sorry, couldn't quite find the right spot incantation for the $100

I also gave some thought to a different base for the frac, but the best I could come up with was a darker blue, but they seem to "overpower" the $1, IMHO

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    249.2 KB · Views: 155
I'm okay with the spot design on the $5, and I'm okay with the spot design on the $25, but I'm having a real problem with both designs together -- much too similar in my eye.

Given you are open to changing the $25 (and seem semi-set on the $5), here are a few suggestions:

chippy-25-100.png

Still prefer the charcoal, but both of these black hundos work well:

chippy3.png

chippy4.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom