My Poker Table (1 Viewer)

BooRayUSA

Pair
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Built this table last summer. I know it a race track table and after the fact and use I wish I had went full speed cloth. The colors are Maroon and White to represent my Miss State Bulldogs.

Construction was long and tedious as I used a jig saw for all my cuts. I took my time measured twice sometimes more and plugged away.

It has folding legs and rail and playing surface are easily removed. I had plans for some trim work and perm legs but that failed to happen

That is a very nice table! Nice job! Hopefully it sees some play.(y) :thumbsup:

Thanks for love! I like the table and like the track as well. It's just damn sexy and appealing. Card wise and chip wise it's just ok. I have had the dealer get cards under the rail as well as a chip in a spot the rail does not fit super tight

I like race tracks on poker tables. Feels like you have an official home for your chips.

Built this table last summer. I know it a race track table and after the fact and use I wish I had went full speed cloth. The colors are Maroon and White to represent my Miss State Bulldogs.

Construction was long and tedious as I used a jig saw for all my cuts. I took my time measured twice sometimes more and plugged away.

It has folding legs and rail and playing surface are easily removed. I had plans for some trim work and perm legs but that failed to happen

If the playing surface can be removed, your table should be reasonably easy to convert to full felt. Just replace the insert with one that is flush to the racetrack (might be able to use the existing insert after removing the foam/ssc), then remove the rail and cupholders. Put down new foam padding and the new surface material, make the material cuts for your cupholders and reinsert, and then reattach the rail.

Alternatively, you can always just upholster the racetrack, bringing it up to the playing surface height. Many think this is the best of both worlds -- a contrasting-fabric racetrack for the visual effect, that is also padded (and level) to improve playability and lessen the chance of damage to cards or chips.

Alternatively, you can always just upholster the racetrack, bringing it up to the playing surface height. Many think this is the best of both worlds -- a contrasting-fabric racetrack for the visual effect, that is also padded (and level) to improve playability and lessen the chance of damage to cards or chips.

I have seen this done and have contemplated doing this but the racetrack was a major part of this build in finishing (stain, sand, repeat, seal) and would hate to cover it. One thing I did do was raise the rt to the same level of the playing surface to have an even surface across everything.

Man I used same design. Stretching the leather/ vinyl/ whatever over the rail to make it look like that is tough!
EDIT: We even have the same speed cloth!

Sweet looking table! What's wrong with a racetrack? I prefer the looks of one with a racetrack than one without. Can I be enlightened?

+1 on the racetrack love, here.

I love good tables with and without racetracks, and don't agree with the hate.

I dunno, I replaced a non-racetrack, round table with a racetracked oval table and the jury is out. Don't know whether I prefer it or not

One thing I don't like are cup holders. Hate 'em.

Sweet looking table! What's wrong with a racetrack? I prefer the looks of one with a racetrack than one without. Can I be enlightened?

Craig, racetracks have a great classic look. However, they are notorious for not playing quite as well as a full felt table.

Notable issues include: 1- a hard surface is not ideal for shuffling/handling chips, nor is it easy to pick up cards from. 2- it is difficult to achieve 100% identical height between the racetrack and play surface, which inhibits movement of chips on/off the racetrack, and can catch cards being dealt. 3- Cupholders in racetracks are notorious for collecting chips (golf anyone?).

I've played racetrack tables many times, and didn't think (aw, this sucks), but playability is definitely better on a full felt.

But to the OP, very nice build... especially considering the use of a jigsaw. You can't tell. :) Definitely something to be proud of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom