My own design made completely from scratch (2 Viewers)

much better, I would like to see the edges because I am afraid all of the colors on the edge of some of the chips like the 50, 500, 1000 would still cause dirty stacks. It may be better to stick with the outer rings being just between solid, 1/2 pie, or quarter pie like the 25 cent, 1, and 2

What software do you use for that ?
Adobe Photoshop Cs5
much better, I would like to see the edges because I am afraid all of the colors on the edge of some of the chips like the 50, 500, 1000 would still cause dirty stacks. It may be better to stick with the outer rings being just between solid, 1/2 pie, or quarter pie like the 25 cent, 1, and 2

i disagree with that.

Only going to just quarter to me is boring that is why i created these from scratch. If you look at ALL the other poker chips on this forum and else where they can have 1 to 8 edge spots, and i went to 12 which is according to my system which is four more then the usual.

Its not that big a deal

I love the 3d effect you put in the center of the ship.
hope it work well when printed on a chip

The updated design is a big improvement.

Not sure what the rolling edges look like but the faces still look way too close. Just alot of the same yellow everywhere. If you were looking at these chips all mixed in a pot, I think it would be difficult to determine what's actually in the pot.

The colors need to be more unique from chip to chip.

Given how busy the chip is from a design perspective, my concern with V1 was the need to tell them apart by colour. As I am partially red/green colour blind, I would have had issues with the v1 of the chips from across the table. I know I have multiple players in our games that have varying degrees of colour blindness, which is why I tend to lean towards vibrant colours. I cannot distinguish between subtle differences in colours, well, so light red / light green / grey all look exactly the same to me, as do shades of purple and blue. About 30% of the players in our games have issues with colours in various sets owned by hosts. I wasn't aware of how common it was.

I think v2 helps quite a bit. Still, if you haven't tried it yet, I would suggest loading your designs into a colour blindness simulator to see how they would appear to people with various degrees of colour blindness.

https://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/

Does someone have a good picture of a dirty stack to give him an example?

Maybe this one.... look at this post...

Find the 1's

Last edited:
Do you have rolling edge designs?
not yet i am not sure how to design that in photoshop to make sure they are spaced properly and evenly

Does someone have a good picture of a dirty stack to give him an example?

Maybe this one.... look at this post...

Find the 1's
i found 13 of them

Given how busy the chip is from a design perspective, my concern with V1 was the need to tell them apart by colour. As I am partially red/green colour blind, I would have had issues with the v1 of the chips from across the table. I know I have multiple players in our games that have varying degrees of colour blindness, which is why I tend to lean towards vibrant colours. I cannot distinguish between subtle differences in colours, well, so light red / light green / grey all look exactly the same to me, as do shades of purple and blue. About 30% of the players in our games have issues with colours in various sets owned by hosts. I wasn't aware of how common it was.

I think v2 helps quite a bit. Still, if you haven't tried it yet, I would suggest loading your designs into a colour blindness simulator to see how they would appear to people with various degrees of colour blindness.

https://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/

thank you i'll check it out

It's funny, I was just thinking about this thread, wondering if there was going to be an update, and I come to find you posted today! Looking forward to seeing more.

Btw, I think BeagleStorms point about the dirty stacks is that, while yes you found the 13 one dollar chips mixed in with the racks, it takes more than a glance. And if it takes more than a glance then you will definitely have issues. I've been burned before on a custom set of ceramics I made. When I was designing them, they looked so beautiful and distinctive on screen, but once they were printed and I had them in hand, yuuuuuup that $25 chip completely disappears in that $1 stack :mad: A lot of colors look very different from eachother on screen, but in print they can be similar enough to cause a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom