My Most Memorable Hand Thread (1 Viewer)

Thisfiendis138

Full House
Reaction score
Reading one of my favorite poker books…Doyle Brunson’s My 50 Most Memorable Hands.
I love a good story.

Big Pot, Bad Beat, Sick Runout, First Royal, Tournament Winner, any kind of tomfoolery or shenanigans :wtf: etc.
I bet we’ve got a ton of great stories here! :)
So...
If you’re asked “What is your Most Memorable Hand?”
What’s the first hand that comes to mind?:cool

Mine is Nothing spectacular.
Early on in my poker career (Poker Boom) FullTiltPoker was my favorite online poker site.
Grinding .5¢-.10¢ PLO and $5-$12 NLH & PLO SnG’s. I loved it.
First hand of a $5 9handed PLO SnG.
UTG opens for pot, 2 callers to me on the button with AdAxJd10x I raise pot, UTG tanks before re potting, other players fold, I get all in, he calls and we’re up against KdKh5d6h.
Flop KK2... turn A... river A.
I went on to win that SnG for some chump change but at the time, that hand was worth 100x more than the 1st place prize.
That’s my most memorable hand.

Would you believe me if I told you I can't recall any hands ever from my entire poker history? It's true, my memory is unusually bad. I can't even generally remember hands at the end of the night even. I have been playing regularly for most of my life. I know the game pretty well, but I will never really be a good player because of my memory limitations. I really can't develop reads on even regular players. I still enjoy it a ton though. Is there ANYONE else out there who is like me?

My biggest 1/2 NL win. I was on the button on a table with only 5 others left. I was dealt :2c::2s:. Everybody just slowly called the BB. I thought why not and threw my 2 in. SB completes and BB checks. Flop comes out :kh::6h::2d:. SB is short stacked and shoved immediately. BB was the big stack (only stack bigger than mine) and raised all-in. Everyone shoves! I figure I got a set maybe, just maybe I am good here. At a minimum, I figured if all I win is the one side pot with BB I won't lose anything on this hand, so I shoved too. The dealer gets all the different pots together and then tells me and BB "you two can show them". I show mine and say "I got a set". BB says "I got the heart draw". Before the dealer starts putting out the rest of the board, SB say "I got hearts too!". Slowly but surely everyone starts showing their cards. Everyone else is on a heart draw and the only heart left in the deck, :2h:! After the formalities, I tossed a 25 at the dealer and went to the cage with a little over a grand :) Still the stupidest thing I have ever seen on a poker table. Don't know if anything can compete with that.

not my most memorable, but i did grab a screenshot of a royal:

1629247552375.jpeg

Playing live $1/2 NL in Vegas at the Monte Carlo or whatever it is called now. Bought in for $200. I’m on a roll and up to about $900. Just me and one other player been running over the table. He’s sitting on about a $1000. I’m in UTG+1.

Look down and see :jc::jd:. I raise to $10, which has been standard opening at table. Couple callers and Villain bumps it to $50. I raise to $100 and get one caller plus Villain. So $350 in pot.

Flop comes :th::jh::js:. Just flopped quads. I make a continuation bet of $150 hoping MP or Villain calls or raises. MP folds. Villains counts his chips and announces all in. He has about $900 behind. I have about $650 after my bet.

I call quicker than a 16 year boy loses his load on prom night.

I’m in for $900 and right around $2k in the pot.

Villain turns over :8h::qh:. I’m ecstatic. He isn’t drawing dead but he has exactly one out. The:9h: to make a straight flush.
Villain says I caught him semi bluffing that he thought he could push me off the hand since he had me covered.

Turn was a blank. :5c: Or something similar.

You can guess the river. Yep. The :9h: for the gutshot river straight flush. Effing brutal.

Rebought for another $200. Played a couple orbits but just wasn’t into it anymore. Cashed out $250 for a loss of only $150 but it felt like a lot more.

Oh well. That’s poker LOL.

Playing live $1/2 NL in Vegas at the Monte Carlo or whatever it is called now. Bought in for $200. I’m on a roll and up to about $900. Just me and one other player been running over the table. He’s sitting on about a $1000. I’m in UTG+1.

Look down and see :jc::jd:. I raise to $10, which has been standard opening at table. Couple callers and Villain bumps it to $50. I raise to $100 and get one caller plus Villain. So $350 in pot.

Flop comes :th::jh::js:. Just flopped quads. I make a continuation bet of $150 hoping MP or Villain calls or raises. MP folds. Villains counts his chips and announces all in. He has about $900 behind. I have about $650 after my bet.

I call quicker than a 16 year boy loses his load on prom night.

I’m in for $900 and right around $2k in the pot.

Villain turns over :8h::qh:. I’m ecstatic. He isn’t drawing dead but he has exactly one out. The:9h: to make a straight flush.
Villain says I caught him semi bluffing that he thought he could push me off the hand since he had me covered.

Turn was a blank. :5c: Or something similar.

You can guess the river. Yep. The :9h: for the gutshot river straight flush. Effing brutal.

Rebought for another $200. Played a couple orbits but just wasn’t into it anymore. Cashed out $250 for a loss of only $150 but it felt like a lot more.

Oh well. That’s poker LOL.
Thought you were going to end with “and that’s how I won the bad beat jackpot for $x”

Sorry to hear it. That’s brutal!

The first night my buddy @Dudeguy pulled out his little chipset and taught another fella and me how to play after hitting a bar. (Using some of my own pretty scuffed bent-up bicycle cards at the time)

:whistle: :whistling::whistle: :whistling::whistle: :whistling:

I didn't know what I was looking at but I called a royal flush all the way down.

Last edited:
Thought you were going to end with “and that’s how I won the bad beat jackpot for $x”

Sorry to hear it. That’s brutal!
I wish they had a bad beat jackpot. I’d happily have taken my share. The whole table and dealer went crazy when that river card fell. Villain even said, sheepishly, “sorry dude.” Seemed like a decent guy so I took it at face value.

We all suck out on the river occasionally. I just tend to remember being on the losing end of it. And for the biggest pot id ever played in at the time.

Many year ago I’m playing $10/$20 7-stud at Foxwoods…

I start with rolled up 9’s, hit quads on 5th street, and I keep coming over the top of this wannabe rounder who spiked a 10 (pairing his door card) on 5th.

On 6th street I pair the off card from 4th street (which looks like a boat but is meaningless). I again keep raising the “genius”, who now has 10’s up showing. He starts standing over the table yelling at me “I have your 9’s full beat, idiot”, my only response is “raise”.

Betting is capped all the way to the end, clown boy announces “10’s full moron”. I reply “all the 9’s” and scoop the pot.

Moral of the story, never correct a fish.

Fun fact: A different player folded the last 10 on fourth street.

I have an ongoing poker rivalry with a buddy. Every hand we are in together is serious. One time we both decided to go to war in the same hand. He had A9o to my A2o. I think I was on the button and he was the BB. Preflop was raise, 3-bet, call. He check-called my flop and turn bets and check-raised me all in on the river.

We both had nothing. I insta-called his river shove with my ace high and deuce kicker and he mucked. I flipped my cards over . . . as soon as it dawned on him that his nine kicker played he tried grabbing his cards out of the muck . . . too late. #rekt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom