My minimalist poker room (1 Viewer)

daniel1113

Waiting List
Reaction score
It's been a long time coming, but my @T_Chan table finally arrived this week. I couldn't be happier with the results. I put off buying a poker table for a long time because I could never find one in the right style. I wanted something with clean, elegant lines without any extraneous details, flourishes, patterns, etc. I purposely kept the surface design clean and simple: green with a lone, white betting line. Tony knocked it out of the park. The build quality is superb. And Tony's custom cloth is sublime. It was all of your posts here on PCF that helped me put this thing together and get the details right. Hopefully seeing what I've done will help someone else in the future, so I wanted to share the results.

Now I just need to work on getting some wall art. Even these walls are a bit too minimalist for me :)

IMG_7692.jpg
IMG_7685.jpg

IMG_7696.jpg

IMG_7698.jpg
IMG_7699.jpg

It was a pleasure working with you. The table turned out very nice, you chose a very elegant design. Less is more sometimes.

I really enjoyed working on the base. The solid walnut was a bit tricky to work with being so large, 4" thick pieces were a bit hard to handle. Some blood, sweat and tears for sure... literally....
2020-04-02 19.55.28.jpg

2020-04-04 18.42.48.jpg

3 stitches... My first power tool injury. I'm all healed up though.

Turned out great though!

Nice!

What model LP is that?

It's a Studio model circa 2010. It doesn't have the lowest action or smoothest neck, but I love the faded cherry finish and weight relief compared to a standard LP.

Is that a floor lamp?

It is. I considered going with a ceiling mounted fixture, but then I found this beauty and it fit perfectly. It provides plenty of illumination emanating from the middle of the table when the ceiling lights are off.

IMG_7694.jpg

It was a pleasure working with you. The table turned out very nice, you chose a very elegant design. Less is more sometimes.

I really enjoyed working on the base. The solid walnut was a bit tricky to work with being so large, 4" thick pieces were a bit hard to handle. Some blood, sweat and tears for sure... literally....

Turned out great though!

Yikes! Now THAT'S a real, grade-A flesh wound. It looks like the legs tried to fight back, and valiantly, but you managed to wrangle them back into their place. I appreciate the craftsmanship even more now that I know that the table literally drew blood from its maker. :p Glad to hear you've healed up. Hopefully it didn't take you out of service too long!

Arc lamp. I believe original design had a marble base. A staple of modern decor.
Ya I mainly wanted to see the base. Looks like it stretches pretty far. Was considering something like this for my table

tenor.gif

It's a Studio model circa 2010. It doesn't have the lowest action or smoothest neck, but I love the faded cherry finish and weight relief compared to a standard LP.

It is. I considered going with a ceiling mounted fixture, but then I found this beauty and it fit perfectly. It provides plenty of illumination emanating from the middle of the table when the ceiling lights are off.

View attachment 470956

Yikes! Now THAT'S a real, grade-A flesh wound. It looks like the legs tried to fight back, and valiantly, but you managed to wrangle them back into their place. I appreciate the craftsmanship even more now that I know that the table literally drew blood from its maker. :p Glad to hear you've healed up. Hopefully it didn't take you out of service too long!
Got a link to that beauty? Very cool

View attachment 470956

Yep, a decent gouge for sure. Trying to trim off the excess wood from the legs with the template, but one part had a bit too much wood left and the router decided to grab it and my hand followed. I was down for about a week since it was my dominant hand, but it coincided with the near peak of the pandemic where everything pretty much slowed to a halt anyways.

I took my revenge though, came back and finished off the legs without any signs of anything going wrong.

This photo really captures the minimalist style, very simple and sleek. You made a good choice with the design. Glad I was able to put it together for you.

Very nice modern aesthetic!
What's the diameter?
How many inches from the rail is the betting line?

Very nice modern aesthetic!
What's the diameter?
How many inches from the rail is the betting line?

I went with 56" for this one. I really wanted 60", but it would have been tight in this space. Tony laid the betting line 8" from the rail, and I think he nailed it. I also went with a 5" rail, which I think matches the proportions of the table, especially since I don't have any in-rail cupholders.

There is a much bigger question that must be addressed before you proceed.
Is that Marshall a tube amp?

It definitely is. It's a DSL40 with a Celestion Creamback swapped in lieu of the stock speaker. Nothing pairs better with an LP than a good ol' Marshall tube amp. I'm mostly an acoustic guy, preferring my Taylor 814ce to just about anything else, but went with this combo for the occasions when I need a little distortion.

Great table. Congrats! Love the no cupholders.

Thanks, and I agree that no cupholders is the way to go. Along with some wall art, the next task is to find the right drink carts to space around the table.

I went with 56" for this one. I really wanted 60", but it would have been tight in this space. Tony laid the betting line 8" from the rail, and I think he nailed it. I also went with a 5" rail, which I think matches the proportions of the table, especially since I don't have any in-rail cupholders.
He did a great job. The walnut looks awesome. And good call on the no cupholders too.

That's exactly the type of T_Chan table I want but bigger to fit 8-9 people. Looks some good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom