My Latest Harvest (2 Viewers)

G.G.Spoons

Pair
Reaction score
I spent last weekend in Vegas for the half marathon and went in with a secondary goal of seeing what I could add to my Caesars Palace set from the CP blackjack tables.

I started this project during covid with the goal of 3 racks of $1's, a rack of $2's and $5's, a rack + of something for fracs, and a smaller number of something for $25's and $100's. Ideally all the authentic CP chips would be large inlay and textured if possible, and in stand-on-edge condition or better.

I've had a nice rack of $2 chips purchased from the poker room for a mixed set way back in 2011 or 2012. So those were covered.

I was able to pull together about 350 $1 chips from a variety of sources including here, eBay, and a few random online stores I found via Google searches that had a surprising number of dead mint textured chips in bulk.

The $5 chips are by far the most difficult to find. I've only come up with about 2 barrels, and most of those are eBay singles coming in at $12-$15 each with shipping. There aren't many decent condition large inlay $5's left on the tables, so it takes hours of playing to find 1 or 2.

When I was there last summer I found two really nice textured $25 chips so I brought them back with me. My initial plan was to murder 10-20 BTP $100 chips into CP $20's and 10 Aurora Star $100's into CP $100's. However, on this trip I ran into a hot streak in blackjack and they were paying out in nice large inlay, textured $25's. So plans changed and now I have 10 nice CP $25 chips. Considering the asking price of BTP $100 chips and costs to replace the inlays, the price difference isn't that significant.

I was also able to find 121 Caesars Tahoe $1 hotstamps on the Caesars mold from several eBay sales that I plan to use as fracs. To be determined if they will remain as they are or be murdered.

I'll get pics of the whole set up eventually, but here's what I brought back:

1677972999638.png

1677975091900.png

1677973060224.png

Here are the yet to be cleaned Tahoe chips. Does anyone else have these in quantity?

1677977379515.png

1677977447100.png

Finally... if there are any good condition, large inlay $5's out there (smooth or textured) hit me up.

-Tyson

So cool, I would love to get some 10's and 25's myself. Still trying to figure out a frac option, I like yours , due to the house mold, but I have the orange and green tahoe ncv house mold, I'm just now sure I can murder them.

So cool, I would love to get some 10's and 25's myself. Still trying to figure out a frac option, I like yours , due to the house mold, but I have the orange and green tahoe ncv house mold, I'm just now sure I can murder them.

Thanks. I agree with not really wanting to murder the Tahoes. They're old, in excellent shape, and the stamps look great. I'm torn, which is why I've sat on them for over a year now.

On the other hand, now that the set is playable I plan on selling off my other cash chips. So this will be my only cash set and they'll actually get used. If I keep them as is and use something else for the frac, they'll just end up on a shelf somewhere.

That's one of the reasons I was curious if there are more out there. I wouldn't feel as guilty if they're not rare.

Interestingly, when I bought the last large lot on eBay the seller claimed very few existed in their listing. I can't remember if they said 100 or 200, but it wasn't many. I'd never take seller's word for it, but after the purchase I did try to ask where that info came from and they never responded.

Thanks. I agree with not really wanting to murder the Tahoes. They're old, in excellent shape, and the stamps look great. I'm torn, which is why I've sat on them for over a year now.

On the other hand, now that the set is playable I plan on selling off my other cash chips. So this will be my only cash set and they'll actually get used. If I keep them as is and use something else for the frac, they'll just end up on a shelf somewhere.

That's one of the reasons I was curious if there are more out there. I wouldn't feel as guilty if they're not rare.

Interestingly, when I bought the last large lot on eBay the seller claimed very few existed in their listing. I can't remember if they said 100 or 200, but it wasn't many. I'd never take seller's word for it, but after the purchase I did try to ask where that info came from and they never responded.
What do the $100s look like?

I almost harvested a few of those too since I had a few nice ones to take back to the cage. But then the thought of trying to convince my friends I'm not insane for bringing home $100 Chips to play with quickly put that away.

I almost harvested a few of those too since I had a few nice ones to take back to the cage. But then the thought of trying to convince my friends I'm not insane for bringing home $100 Chips to play with quickly put that away.
Back then when I got the minty $100 shown above, I didn’t collect $100s but the condition was so good and brought it home. There are textured inlay and smooth inlay $100s, and still looking for the textured inlays...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom