My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (7 Viewers)

Anthony Martino

Straight Flush
Reaction score
The hands that got me last night

I call a raise with :tc::8s::7c::6s:

Flop is :jc::6h::5c:

I get it in, I'm up against :js::jd::td::ts: and we go twice, I don't get there on either board with my straight or flush draws

With pots frequently being raised to 25-40 preflop and people getting it in four ways regularly when I rebuy I do the $200. I limp repot all-in holding :ad::kc::6d::5c: and get called in multiple spots, including the nitwit with :js::9c::4d::2d: So I've got a shot to quadruple up my stack on this hand, board runs out

:as::7c::9c::3d::5h: and he wins with the wheel

I again buyin for the $200 and limp repot all-in holding :td::8h::7h::7d: and he limps for $5, calls a raise to $40 and then my $200 shove holding :js::9h::6c::2h:

and the flop comes out :9d::2d::2s: and my flush draw is no good and no 7 comes to save me either. Pretty frustrating watching this guy play like absolute trash and bink two pots with $800+ in them.

Off today, back at it this coming week.

Last edited:

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I again buyin for the $200 and limp repot all-in holding :td::8h::7h::7d: and he limps for $5, calls a raise to $40 and then my $200 shove holding :js::9h::6c::2h:
It's not pretty, but nitwit had like 40% preflop. You just gotta expect that they are going to occasionally have a winning session playing sub-optimal, and that keeps them coming back.

...and their continued play is what keeps a roof over your head.

We all have to deal with nitwits. Bosses, clients, customers, opponents - they're all the same.

Last edited:

Anthony Martino

Straight Flush
Reaction score
It's not pretty, but nitwit had like 40% preflop. You just gotta expect that they are going to occasionally have a winning session playing sub-optimal, and that keep them coming back.

...and their continued play is what keeps a roof over your head.

We all have to deal with nitwits. Bosses, clients, customers, opponents - they're all the same.

He was calling off with that hand facing 4-5 other players, wasn't just headsup against me lol

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
He was calling off with that hand facing 4-5 other players, wasn't just headsup against me lol
40% is almost a coin flip.

A coin flip wins 1 : 2 times.

4-5 players means 4-5 times the payout.

Even if he loses half the time, he is finishing up. :cool It's math. Bad math, but math...
tenor.gif

Anthony Martino

Straight Flush
Reaction score
40% is almost a coin flip.

A coin flip wins 1 : 2 times.

4-5 players means 4-5 times the payout.

Even if he loses half the time, he is finishing up. :cool It's math. Bad math, but math...
View attachment 799965

Who am I to argue with such brazen logic?!?!

I withdraw my formal complaint :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom