My golf simulator room build thread! (1 Viewer)

sheikh617

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Figure I would share this process for all my fellow golf enthusiasts. We're having a pretty sweet addition built onto our home. It was supposed to start early to mid November but city hall is a shit show and things got delayed pretty bad. Happy that ground broke today! Here are some pictures of the area we will be having added. This new addition will result in a new basement section, a bathroom and bedroom for floors 1 and 2, and floor 3 will get a beautiful new outdoor balcony. Currently I don't know of the footprint will support my poker room alongside a golf sim setup but time will tell!

20201221_154405.jpg
20201221_154409.jpg

Following with interest! I am considering building an add-on room mostly for setting up an indoor golf simulator. Looking into the cost.

Following with interest! I am considering building an add-on room mostly for setting up an indoor golf simulator. Looking into the cost.
Nice man! Let me know if you start doing it. There are some very expensive simulators such as the GCQuad, Trackman, FullSwing setups etc. I went with an entry level launch monitor with the SkyTrak and for the rest of the equipment I'll be using pretty top shelf stuff. Carls Premium Impact Screen, Optoma 1090 HDR Short Throw Projector, Fiberbuilt 7x4' Studio Hitting Mat. Still got a few pieces I need to iron out such as the turf I'm going to use, impact curtains/archery netting for the sides of the enclosure. Will be a fun couple months lol.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out! I’ve seen some absolutely amazing golf simulators in a couple of houses. Maybe if I had one it w oh I’d get me back on the lynx!

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out! I’ve seen some absolutely amazing golf simulators in a couple of houses. Maybe if I had one it w oh I’d get me back on the lynx!
Mine will be pretty average. On the forum some of the setups are absolutely absurd and like $50k plus lol. Sadly I do not have the budget for one of those..... yet ;)

Mine will be pretty average. On the forum some of the setups are absolutely absurd and like $50k plus lol. Sadly I do not have the budget for one of those..... yet ;)
Are you kidding? The fact that you’re actually breaking ground to have a dedicated space for this is awesome!

Are you kidding? The fact that you’re actually breaking ground to have a dedicated space for this is awesome!
So to be fair, I got pretty lucky. Our family was either planning on pooling funds to move to a bigger house or expand on our current house. When the decision was made to expand, I lucked out that the footprint for the new basement area was big enough for me to plan something. This project is more for making our house more livable but don't tell the wife that its all about the golf room for me. :D

Following. This should be epically cool! But one question. We don't have basements in Texas, but the ones I've been in up north tend to have pretty low ceilings. Yours must be taller than most to be able to take a full swing with a golf club. How tall is it?

Spec sheet?
Sorry had a work issue. Here you go!

CPU - i9 10900k
GPU - MSI 3080 RTX Ventus 3x OC Edition
MoBo - Asus Rog Hero Maximus XII
Ram - Trident Royal Z - 4 x 16gb 3200 mhz CL15 64gb total
Fans - Lian Li Sl120
Water Block - Corsair Hydro
Cooling - 2x Corsair Radiators with Custom Loop
Case - Lian Li XL ATX Tower
SSD - 2TB SSD for games/apps + 512GB SSD for windows and drivers only
PSU - EVGA 850w Gold Supernova

Tons of miscellaneous fittings and wire cleanliness upgrades. Few more aesthetic parts coming in the mail.

Last edited:
Wow, well today was a very sad day. Got some real bad news from the builders. Apparently the houses foundation carries off the back a full two feet and they can't touch that. The sim room was already running on the bare minimum size wise and I was going to be using every inch of the width. With this size reduction it is now unusable. Looks like I will not be having a sim for a couple years :dead:. Sorry to everyone that tuned into the thread. I was very excited this news was a real gut punch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom