My Game Room Build. (1 Viewer)

A little progress today, carpenter framed in the bathroom door. That means plumber can come on monday to finish up and then we grind the floors and drywall the place. Decided on rustic alder cabinets, but need to pick a color/stain... not easy to pick.

IMG_1729.JPG

Some more progress has been made, and an exciting development tonight (see bottom picture).

Not very interesting, just the waste lines through the walls here. Need plumber to get back to run supply line and valve for the shower.
IMG_1801.JPG

Waste line in for vanity/sink. Need plumber back to get in water lines. Its like pulling teeth to get some of these subs out. Also the wall got some framework for the drywall to be put on.
IMG_1802.JPG

One of the mini walls has been deleted as well as framing for wall fur out. Need to get electrician out to figure out the outlet for wall. Carpenters should be back to do the other mini wall this week.
IMG_1792.JPG
'

Last but not least, the moment you have been waiting for, the two tables from ChanMan showed up this evening. Didnt have time to uncrate them, hopefully will be able to in the next couple days. Sorry for the tease haha. It hurts me as well not to be able to see them.
IMG_1803.JPG

Quick progress update: I didnt mention but the kitchenette cabinets and appliances were ordered last week. This coming monday makes it 30 days since the concrete patch was poured, so the grind/seal guy will be starting then. Then gotta get the plumber and electrician back, and need to decide where to put outlets on the walls. Does anyone have sound system experience or recommendations? I will do a search in the forum.

And now... The moment you have all been waiting for.

I opened up the crate from @T_Chan today. The tables are beautiful. Almost feels like they are too nice to play on, since I am used to playing on those low end folding tables with ESPN logo on them. The pictures dont do them justice, I have to leave the plastic wrap on for now, dont want to risk any damage until they are ready to be deployed for use. So quick pics taken and then the crate lid screwed back on. Better pics come later.

IMG_1857.JPG

IMG_1860.JPG

They started the grind/seal job yesterday. They forgot to connect their vacuum hose to the grinder for a little bit and created a dust storm. It even made its way up to the main house. The owner said they were going to do it wet....

IMG_1886.JPG

The floor is done. Turned out okay. Some oil/mastic stains didnt come out. The guy who did it says you get what you get based on what the slab is. Overall I would say its satisfactory. I think it will look a lot better when I get some overhead lighting. All of the photos were taken with no lights at all. You can see the part thats in the sun looks much lighter. In general the pics dont do it justice, looks better in person.

IMG_1946.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG
IMG_1950.JPG
IMG_1951.JPG
IMG_1952.JPG
IMG_1953.JPG
IMG_1954.JPG

Some more progress. The kitchenette cabinets showed up. So now its a race to get the plumber and electrician back then drywall it. The electrician came and did most of his work, then told me to get the can lights in its best to drop the ceiling. So that means I scraped the popcorn for nothing.... oh well. Dropped out the drywall today. Plumber should be back next week, then we can drywall and get going!
IMG_2009.JPG

Electrician is just about done as is the plumber. Things moving fast now just about ready for the drywall to go on.

Tile guy worked today and set the shower pan with water test, and some other frame and prep work. Behind the shower you can see a round thing... Thats the concrete floor guys grinding/polishing machine that he said costs 20k+ and he has left it here since he finished over 2 weeks ago. Some of the people you will meet in the trades... :wow:
IMG_2053.JPG

Back kitchen wall needing some more drywall removal and then about ready to go.
IMG_2054.JPG

Good God this is one hell of a project! A few years ago I installed a urinal in my man cave - it is the envy of kings and peasants alike :)

I don't know if you're committed to the drop ceiling or not... but if you're open to suggestions, I might offer that leaving the floor joists exposed is kind of a cool look. The basement in my house is finished this way - there's insulation between the 2-bys and it's all been painted white. I've decorated with decals, sports memorabilia - even magnets stuck to the ductwork. This has also been pretty convenient for running coax and other electrical stuff... if you want to see pictures LMK and I'll post some :)

Good God this is one hell of a project! A few years ago I installed a urinal in my man cave - it is the envy of kings and peasants alike :)

I don't know if you're committed to the drop ceiling or not... but if you're open to suggestions, I might offer that leaving the floor joists exposed is kind of a cool look. The basement in my house is finished this way - there's insulation between the 2-bys and it's all been painted white. I've decorated with decals, sports memorabilia - even magnets stuck to the ductwork. This has also been pretty convenient for running coax and other electrical stuff... if you want to see pictures LMK and I'll post some :)

Yeah put up a few, sounds like a unique look. I have to get some drywall on there for sound dampening. When I first got the place I wanted to do a urinal in that bathroom but it ended up not happening because theres not enough room. There will probably be an outside one built down the road.

Does the area behind the kitchen wall stay raw basement or are you going to finish it out? Secret door to a poker vault maybe?

Does the area behind the kitchen wall stay raw basement or are you going to finish it out? Secret door to a poker vault maybe?

Storage area. Owner before me had a secret fire safe you can see built into the cinder blocks.

Yeah put up a few, sounds like a unique look. I have to get some drywall on there for sound dampening. When I first got the place I wanted to do a urinal in that bathroom but it ended up not happening because theres not enough room. There will probably be an outside one built down the road.

Here you go man. The urinal is in my workshop area - which I'd originally planned to finish like the rest of the basement then I decided I wanted to leave it as a workspace instead.

IMG_20190101_203249.jpg
IMG_20190101_203310.jpg
IMG_20190101_203319.jpg
IMG_20190101_203330.jpg
IMG_20190101_203347.jpg

Last edited:
Just seeing this again. Looks like a lot of work but it will be worth it. The hard work will soon be a distant memory replaced by good times.

Having finished a basement with a full bar, home theater and poker area, I would recommend you pre wire for speakers and electronics and run the wire through conduit if you can. That way you can pull old wire if needed. This is more important for HDMI or things other than speaker wire.

As for the fridge vs kegerator- I have a kegerator running two sixtels but it’s built into a full bar. I wanted a stand alone full bar and that is what my basement is used for most if the time when people are over. Poker is second. I like having beer on tap and am disciplined enough to not over indulge. But don’t think you are saving money with two 1/6ths. It’s the same cost as buying cans or bottles. The advantage is that keg beer usually is non pasteurized and tastes better. Also no cans and bottles to clean up and haul out.

What ever you do make sure you keep a sink down there.

As for beer and booze money - I never ask for it but people usually bring stuff or toss me some poker chips during our cash games (rarely do tournaments anymore) Like I said, my basement is primary a drinking place for friends/neighbors and family. Many of my friends/neighbors also have bars or entertain often so we just reciprocate. I also have a lot of booze. One player who occasionally imbibes on whiskey showed up one night and presented me with a $50 bottle of bourbon and a $50 bottle of tequila! Way more than he ever drank. Others have brought booze and beer- usually more than they drink. I also have a two small fridges for cans and bottles

Last edited:
Its been a little while but a lot has happened. Kitchen cabinets are ready to be dropped off. Bathroom vanity shows up monday. The shower is done. Drywall guys got in there today. They should be done tomorrow or monday so we can get some paint on and put the cabinets in.

My tile guy is sick. These photos dont do it justice.
IMG_2267.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2271.JPG

IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2273.JPG

EDIT: almost forgot. Snapped a pic last night; had to do some after hours work drilling holes through these stud and pulling a wire for the HVAC and also connecting up the fart van vent before the drywall crew came in.
IMG_2263.JPG

Last edited:
Man, with that shower and the way things are turning out thus far, I would find every reason to upset Mrs SendThatStack just to be in the doghouse.

Drywall is done. HVAC guys have been at it. Painter shows up tomorrow. Was talking with my brother about the gameroom and he brought up a hotdog roller. I had seen the guys with them on here but didnt consider it but now that he brought it up I think I may do one. Sounds awesome to have a hotdog after some drinks and building an appetite playing cards.

Decided to keep raw pipe through the bathroom instead of a soffit.

Looking out from kitchen end of the gameroom.

Painting is finished. Kitchenette install begins tomorrow. I made a mistake, see last pic.

I forgot to tell the painter that this is the finished floor under the ram board. :tdown::( I take full responsibility. I will have to wire brush it down and then reseal the sections. This is just one spot, it happened in about 4 areas.

Spray painted flat black? Pic?

Very nice thread and room buildout. So, when’s your first game?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom