My Game Room Build. (1 Viewer)

SendThatStack

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Started a game room build over the summer. It was previously a game room from I believe the 70s. Wish I took more before pics but I forgot to. Wasnt much to see anyways, but had some cool wallpaper designs, a beat up old kitchenette, vinyl tile floor and a pool table. New room will be a rustic ranch type of theme, got 1000 chip CPS set for tourney and 1000 chip GPI Monaco set for cash. 2 Chanman 10max tables are on order as well.

This is the closest I have to a pre pic. Left door is to the garage, open door to the bathroom, to the right of that is the kitchenette. This is after I had the pros come out and remove the vinyl floor tiles and mastic that contained asbestos.
IMG_1204.JPG

This is what happened when I attempted to remove the VFT myself. I dont recommend trying it if theres asbestos in it.
IMG_1025.JPG

The popcorn ceiling was non asbestos so I scraped it myself
QfhOfa5.mp4

After the scraping. Currently the floor in the bathroom and kitchenette is torn up, I am doing some plumbing work. Will post pics when I can.
IMG_1261.JPG

Following. I love these!

Any plans for beer dispensing or going with a fridge?

I will have a fridge in the new kitchenette build as well as a range, and microwave. I have been thinking about kegerator as well. Only thing is the beer cost, I would have to coax out donations from my players. Other thing to mention, the mini walls (idk what the technical name is) that you can see protruding 2.5 feet out in the middle of the room will hopefully be getting removed. The are semi structural, they hold the beam right about which supports my living room floor joists, but my carpenter thinks we should be able to remove them and add a support right on the wall.

Yeah I hear ya on the beer. I just bought a fridge and let everyone do their own thing for drinks.

I am a huge advocate for a kegarator and two slim kegs for poker night. Get the donations - it's worth it.

Also - the work goes faster if you drink anything other than Coors Light :whistle: :whistling:

Haha, Coors Light is my work/day beer. it gets hot during the summer here. Kegerator would probably be pale ale or a craft lager/pilsner.

the video of you scrapping the popcorn ceiling, is so oddly satisfying...o_O.. looking forward to seeing more progress

Thats what my buddy (who was supposed to help scrape it) said. It is pretty satisfying when you get those clean scrapes I must admit.

A few more pics from today.

Looking out from the kitchenette. Pool table will go in front of the slider. Hopefully a slot machine on one of the walls also. Maybe a pinball machine.
IMG_1532.JPG

Kitchenette area.
IMG_1533.JPG

New shower. This is to the left when looking into the bathroom from outside.
IMG_1534.JPG

Far end of bathroom looking towards kitchenette. Shower to the right, toilet to the left.
IMG_1535.JPG

Looking towards where the previous shot was taken and where vanity goes.
IMG_1536.JPG

SE corner of gameroom. Pool table in that general area.
IMG_1537.JPG

SW end of gameroom.
IMG_1539.JPG

If the pool table is close to the sliding glass doors just make sure they are "pool ball shatter resistent"!

If the pool table is close to the sliding glass doors just make sure they are "pool ball shatter resistent"!
Shit, didnt think of that lol.

You doing all that work solo?
I did what is pictured with me and a helper. But I have a carpenter and electrician for that stuff. I do most plumbing myself, but bring in a friend who does most of the water line stuff and rough in for fixtures. I am trying to balance this between work and family.

If you put in thick enough curtains in front of the sliding glass door it may be good enough to stop the random flying pool ball from shattering the glass.

If you put in thick enough curtains in front of the sliding glass door it may be good enough to stop the random flying pool ball from shattering the glass.

I may end up putting the poker tables that side and pool table away from the glass.

It's really inspiring seeing your built out!

The kegarator/keg fridge is really dependent on how much beer you get through AND what your pals drink. I have a keg fridge and even with the slim 1/6th barrel kegs, it's rare that we actually drink enough to make it worth while. The main reason for this is that although my pals are beer drinkers, they want variety so won't sit and drink the same thing all night (no matter how good). They also may switch to spirits as the night goes on. Although the keg will last for months, I also find it a bit of a pain to clean the lines between each session. Having said all that, it's great to have the option of a keg and it's just a fridge anyway so can serve that duty also.

Most of the people I know who have kegerators (3 I can think of at the moment) quit using them years ago. Bottles and cans for the variety and longer term ease of storage. One buddy said he felt he was simply drinking too much because it was too easy to pour a beer. The others talked of the waste and pain in the ass factor of cleaning. I’d recommend a fridge but no kegerator:

Most of the people I know who have kegerators (3 I can think of at the moment) quit using them years ago. Bottles and cans for the variety and longer term ease of storage. One buddy said he felt he was simply drinking too much because it was too easy to pour a beer. The others talked of the waste and pain in the ass factor of cleaning. I’d recommend a fridge but no kegerator:

Yeah that's pretty much the same conclusion I came too. No variety and I would drink too much.

Yeah that's pretty much the same conclusion I came too. No variety and I would drink too much.
Funny, I don’t have these experiences o_O

My one friend that has a keg has a weird issue with the psi. Every time you pour a beer after not pouring one for a while the whole glass will be bubbles and head. Then you dump that out and the next glass is perfect. Not sure about what the issue is but the result is a lot of wasted beer.

My one friend that has a keg has a weird issue with the psi. Every time you pour a beer after not pouring one for a while the whole glass will be bubbles and head. Then you dump that out and the next glass is perfect. Not sure about what the issue is but the result is a lot of wasted beer.
Same thing happens with me. I've messed with line lengths and also got an adjustable tap but it's still crappy.

Same thing happens with me. I've messed with line lengths and also got an adjustable tap but it's still crappy.
Not to de-rail but it sounds like a tower cooler is needed here. Foam is caused by temp, if the second pour is perfect, the hardware is warm. Easy fix - Coldtower Kegerator Super Tower Cooler Amazon - I built my own for half price.

Some progress over be last few days. Was able to finish the waste lines in the bathroom and then pour concrete. Trying to hey my carpenter out next to frame in the bathroom door and after that get the water lines in. I wanted to take more pics before I buried but was working at night and didn’t have the effort in me.

Attachments

• 5950107C-B7A2-4317-803C-C0751BD50868.jpeg
    5950107C-B7A2-4317-803C-C0751BD50868.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 320
  • F3F28A0D-7B7A-40D3-8AA1-9BEEB5A6C0DF.jpeg
    F3F28A0D-7B7A-40D3-8AA1-9BEEB5A6C0DF.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 295
  • CAB39CE6-2922-4BB1-A2B9-8209BAD78043.jpeg
    CAB39CE6-2922-4BB1-A2B9-8209BAD78043.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 291
Not too much excitement lately. Tore out the soffit and ducts near the door. Cleaned up the entire lower area. Currently working on designing the kitchenette. Finally finished oiling all of my chips, and my two tables from Chanman are finished and about to be shipped.
IMG_1719.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom