My Game Room Build. (3 Viewers)

Not much has happened lately. The main house is 95% done but the last guys who need to finish stuff arent showing up. I got the stove in so the kitchenette is pretty much done. Also went into the sub area behind the kitchenette and installed a drain so that it doesnt flood again.

The 2" drain off the left is the game room kitchen sink, the 2" pipe coming from above is the bathroom sink and tub of the main house. They go into a bypass valve that can send the water either to the septic tank or greywater line. The floor drain connects into the greywater line. The next phase will be pouring concrete and forming a basin.

Still waiting to move in, this is the remodel that never ends. The hold up is getting the place re-roofed and getting the deck rebuilt. Deck rebuild is almost done then roofers come in.

New deck outside the gameroom. It will be waterproof so you can be under there if its raining and not get wet.

Above the gameroom you can see the main house living room. Cant get to the gameroom without going outside and through the slider or garage (and you cant get into the garage directly from main house.) :D

Update: Still havent moved in because the new deck needs railing so the kids dont fall off. That has been ordered and is supposed show up any day now. Got a used pool table and had it brought in and refelted. Also waxed the soapstone countertop and got a leather couch.

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3098.JPG

Left side is natural soapstone, right side is wax/oil applied.

IMG_3099.JPG

IMG_3114.JPG

You can see a little bit of splotchyness in this pic. The wax/oil needs to soak in and then re apply in a week or two.

IMG_3116.JPG

The pool table was $250 for the table +$700 to move it and $500 to get new felt. Im pretty happy with it.

IMG_3117.JPG

Outside the sliding door. The stucco is done except for the final coat which has the color in it. 3 can lights overhead will be nice.

Update: been moved in for 3 weeks now. Got the game room all cleaned up, getting ready to move the tables in. Had the painters clean up the large beams in the ceiling, looks much better now.

IMG_3262.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

IMG_3265.JPG

Next to the couch is a vintage record player. Will take some other pics of it later.

Finally got the tables out. Also picked up some cowhides that I think really tie the room together and mitigate some of the blandness of the concrete floor. The tables from @T_Chan are simply amazing. The definition on the images is really high. Very crisp, clear and great color. I have never played on anything like these as far as the way the cloth floats the cards across it. I think my players are in for quite a surprise. I am going to see how this orientation works for now, but could potentially end up rotating them. I havent had people sit down yet but the seats that are between the tables may end up kind of tight. Then as far as the orientation of the felts, Im kinda OCD trying to figure that one out. Should the hawk felt be rotated so its the same as the buck one?

IMG_3306.JPG

IMG_3307.JPG

IMG_3308.JPG

IMG_3309.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

Some progress over be last few days. Was able to finish the waste lines in the bathroom and then pour concrete. Trying to hey my carpenter out next to frame in the bathroom door and after that get the water lines in. I wanted to take more pics before I buried but was working at night and didn’t have the effort in me.
Thanks for sharing! That's really cool stuff! I love seeing make-overs. I wish I had the talent and skill to perform projects like that!

...Then as far as the orientation of the felts, Im kinda OCD trying to figure that one out. Should the hawk felt be rotated so its the same as the buck one?

Well, my OCD would demand that they be left as-is. Rotating both would acceptable too, but rotating just one would give the room an “up” and a “down” left/right and that would tilt me for sure. :LOL: :laugh:

Well, my OCD would demand that they be left as-is. Rotating both would acceptable too, but rotating just one would give the room an “up” and a “down” left/right and that would tilt me for sure. :LOL: :laugh:

i'd rotate both to orientate it to the center of the room. Majority is sitting in the center (or walking back from the counter) and i would shoot most of the pictures from a center spot.

i'd rotate both to orientate it to the center of the room. Majority is sitting in the center (or walking back from the counter) and i would shoot most of the pictures from a center spot.

I did that this morning. Messed around with them some more with the orientation being flipped 90 degrees but that causes the pool table to have less space on that side. The issue with the way they are now is that it makes it kind of hard for the seats against the wall to get in and out.

I did that this morning. Messed around with them some more with the orientation being flipped 90 degrees but that causes the pool table to have less space on that side. The issue with the way they are now is that it makes it kind of hard for the seats against the wall to get in and out.
Looks fantastic! I'd hate to see you walls ruined by the chair backs though. I solved that problem in basement by installing wainscoting and a chair rail. In your case I'd go with the 90 degree rotation.

Yeah I think the 90 degree rotation may be the solution. Then I would need to scoot the pool table just a little bit further away though.

For those of you wondering "Hey does this guy actually play poker or is he just going to build out the room forever?" I finally popped her cherry. First I put up some decor on the walls, got a pub table, drink carts, and some other stuff. Ran a 18 man $40 rebuy. Got 10 rebuys. Cash game after .50/$1 $40-100. Time got out of hand so I wasnt able to take starting stack pics for the tourney. We used my CPS set. Everyone loved it. A lot of minds were blown by the overall quality of the room and games. Most of the guys are very casual players at best. Some of them hadnt played in well over a year. Further proof that what I was banking on would be correct... If you built it they will come!

IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3359.JPG

IMG_3360.JPG

IMG_3361.JPG

IMG_3362.JPG

Curtain to block out the workshop
IMG_3377.JPG

Hotdog Roller was a huge hit. Blew peoples minds. "haha did you take this from 7-11?" etc etc. 16 hotdogs eaten like it was nothing.
IMG_3378.JPG

IMG_3379.JPG

IMG_3380.JPG

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3364.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom