My first Tropicana chip... (1 Viewer)

Next step - removing the chip (not even kidding). I *think* it was @leo822 that has done this before and has some tips.

I'm definitely not an expert on these chips, but ChipGuide shows that version was produced in 1968 for use in the money clip. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be better if I just left it in the clip?

I'm definitely not an expert on these chips, but ChipGuide shows that version was produced in 1968 for use in the money clip. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be better if I just left it in the clip?
Depends on whether or not you are a singles collector who wants it in your chip cabinet.

Yes that is a TR King chip that was produced only to be used in the money clip. If I am not mistaken the other side of the chip does not have an inlay.

David

Great chip and easy to remove if you choose to do so.This type of holder had no ridge so if you bend it backwards the chip will come out. Just some glue that needs to be removed.
It has the standard TRK Souvenir hot stamp on the back. There is a half pie one that is a bit more rare. Was stoked to finish the set this summer.

23893636468_a8eaa4eb64.jpg

35719402351_f7bf663c56_b.jpg

My Eyes My Eyes!!!!!! Oh God Make it stop now!

Who is the perpetrator of this evil act of using glue on chips!

Great chip and easy to remove if you choose to do so.This type of holder had no ridge so if you bend it backwards the chip will come out. Just some glue that needs to be removed.
It has the standard TRK Souvenir hot stamp on the back. There is a half pie one that is a bit more rare. Was stoked to finish the set this summer.

Very nice!

Although, if I were to be a pain, I'd mention there was a clip chip with an inlay on the back -- a monochrome version of the front with text through the middle of the fountain. ;-)

I am confident that $1 and $100 would prefer living at my house

35719402351_f7bf663c56_b.jpg

So who bought the ones off eBay if not you? Hmmmmmm.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom