My first successful Sourdough bread (1 Viewer)

surfik

Full House
Reaction score
Guys, I know that is all about poker, chips and cards but I can not stop myself. After few fuckups I have finally did good. It is tall, proud and tasty, plus I have made starter myself.
IMG_20200912_012531.jpg

Very nice! We tried a few months ago and let’s just say......well...it didn’t look like that!
Congrats!

Yeah.. The key was to not over work it. I skip 3 session of folding and stretching and just let it rise. No hook, no bread maker, just my hands and old fashioned owen.

Very much impressed at both results! We gave up and went back to the bread machine. Doesn’t taste as good as well made oven bread...but a whole lot better than OUR made oven bread!!

I do also good cinnamon babka.. Like from Seinfeld... Thanks to YouTube channel Binging with Babish, love that guy.

We usually do 4 or 5 stretch and fold sessions. Mostly depends how the dough looks. Once you can get that "windowpane" sort of look we move on to the bulk rise. We also tend to autolyse the dough beforehand as well, which seems to help.

I had to stop making bread a home. I did the whole starter thing etc but ended up baking almost every day and eating a loaf a day. Not good for the waistline. Nothing better than home made bread...

I got you...I bake for three families now
I had to stop making bread a home. I did the whole starter thing etc but ended up baking almost every day and eating a loaf a day. Not good for the waistline. Nothing better than home made bread...
got

I stared baking because I miss bread my late father used to bring home when I was little

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom