My first set of chips (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
After lots of samples and indecision I ordered my first set of chips a month ago.

after waiting, what felt like forever, for them to clear customs, my first real set of chips arrived this week!! The chips look and feel great. I couldn’t be happier.

A1338918-5C5E-484B-9A73-6C7D416D2D15.jpeg

thanks to @KMac for showing patience with me through my first transaction. Chips shipped same day deal was done and were impeccably packaged.

I know I might have a chipping problem because I’m already thinking of how to add more chips. l’d love to add 2 racks of quarters at some point (either Monaco or a solid HS).

That’s a nice set. My first tourney set acquired recently was also these GPI clays. Enjoy your set and i’m sure keeping an eye on the classifieds will soon allow you to pick up the extras.

The sickness is real!! Saddly 2 racks of Paulson THC hit stamped quarters would cost more than your set!! But definitely other options out there!! Best of luck on the expansion and looking forward to seeing what you pick for your next set!!

Great start for your first set of chips. Also very dangerous as they are only a short jump from mint Paulsons.

If you enjoy having money you should exit this site immediately and enjoy the chips you have!

Grant

After lots of samples and indecision I ordered my first set of chips a month ago.

after waiting, what felt like forever, for them to clear customs, my first real set of chips arrived this week!! The chips look and feel great. I couldn’t be happier.

View attachment 582205

thanks to @KMac for showing patience with me through my first transaction. Chips shipped same day deal was done and were impeccably packaged.

I know I might have a chipping problem because I’m already thinking of how to add more chips. l’d love to add 2 racks of quarters at some point (either Monaco or a solid HS).
Congratulations on that one! Hope you enjoy them in play

Poor guy.

He just fell off the precipice of a long and slippery slope down towards chip addiction.

If you want more
Order to Apache web site
Good choice buddy Canadian...eh!!!!
Unfortunately Apachepoker is sold out of the denomination I need. As mention on this site (and confirmed by Josh at Apache ) GPI is no longer selling to the home market so he will probably not be getting any more.

You could put up a WTB ad for the quarters. Or, perhaps try for a rack of any other denomination in a complementary colour that can be relabeled as a quarter. Good luck in your search!

Saddly 2 racks of Paulson THC hit stamped quarters would cost more than your set!!
So you’re saying those delicious looking Railroad Pass fracs you were posting earlier this month might not fit this particular set

dream crusher!!

So you’re saying those delicious looking Railroad Pass fracs you were posting earlier this month might not fit this particular set

dream crusher!!
I would not say that!! They are just difficult to find and $350 - $400 for a single rack!

Again even if you have the money and willing to pay that... they just don't become available very often! Right place at the right time!!

Our rack did not come from PCF or eBay, sometimes you have to dig a bit deeper!!

Wow I forgot how nice the Monaco’s look! I also wanted Monaco’s for my first set but Apache didn’t have enough in stock.:(

Great choice, awesome chips. As soon as the kidney I had to sell to complete my HSI secondary set grows back, I’m going to figure out some hot stamp fracs for my Elite set!
3B180144-9F91-428F-B83F-A1D8C3A299AC.jpeg

That's an great first set. If you ever get tired of them. I'd be happy to get the Monaco $5's off of you :)

@ktran I have a couple extras barrels of $5. Not for sale but would trade for some $25 or $100 if you have extra.

Is color bleed into the white edge spots a common thing with a small amount of GPI Monaco's?

I think I have one green with some colour bleed on the edge spot. I’ve been thinking of trying to scrub at it with a magic eraser but haven’t bothered yet.

Great looking set...may I ask what others might have been finalists as you were making a decision?

Great looking set...may I ask what others might have been finalists as you were making a decision?
Started with samples of Nexgen, CC Royals and ceramic DDLM. I came really close to a custom set of DDLM on 43mm.

However, once I got the sample set of Monaco’s the feel and sound sold me. They are great. Still love them. Just wish I could get more. I’d like two more barrels of $25, one more barrel of $100 and 120 x 25c. Unfortunately, they do not pop up on PCF often and Apache poker is sold out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom