My first Non-Dice set!! (1 Viewer)

Prenders17

High Hand
Reaction score
So I joined the club! (Kind of). Just ordered up 1000 Claysmith Mint for a tourney set. This year started hosting a quarterly $100 tourney. Been getting 10-18 people, but trying to grow to 3 tables. Been running T20,000 starting stacks.
Broke it down
250 - 25
250 - 100
150 - 500
250 - 1000
100 - 5000

Just thought I’d share. Wondering how long it takes before I want to throw them out and replace them with Majestics.

If at some you think about upgrading, I'd bypass the China Clay step and directly look towards high end chips.
Anyway, your Mint are already a nice upgrade compared to Dice. Hope you and your group will enjoy.
With your breakdown you're very confortable for 2-table tourneys. You can even support 3-table with it.

Where did you buy your set and how much did you pay for it? I really like the look Claysmith Mints have, certainly don't need 1000 though.

Where did you buy your set and how much did you pay for it? I really like the look Claysmith Mints have, certainly don't need 1000 though.

I think I got them through ThePokerStore.com. They seem to have fair prices on bulk chips. I like the colors and designs, more so than some of the other slugged alternatives. The rest of my players are used to dice chips so these were really well received in the home game. Denominations were the biggest difference maker for people. I have one friend who is color blind, so the demons actually really helped.

The flashing on the edges on these is well documented elsewhere. It does drive me crazy and my one beef about these, but design and price point won out. Poker Knights don’t have the flashing but aren’t as colorful. Majestics have a similar design but cost twice as much. (Still might become my cash set). If my game was once a month consistently, I’d have spend more, but for struggling to get it going a couple times a year, I decided to go the budget route.

Come to think of it I might have bought bulk chips and a case through amazon. I forget exactly. When shopping, pay attention to all in price. On sets, most sites will either lead with a good price per bulk chip, a set with a case, or free shipping. But it’s hard to get best of best on all three. Poker Store had best price per chip and free shipping, but youre paying retail to include a case. On Amazon, you might find a less expensive case, but might not get the best bulk price on chips, or may not be able to pick your breakdown. Other sites, like I think Claysmith if I remember right, had a good price on a set but charged shipping.

For what it’s worth, I liked Poker Store. Free shipping, arrived timely. One of the chips was missing a label, so I sent them a photo and they mailed me a replacement. Made it easy.

For what it’s worth, I liked Poker Store. Free shipping, arrived timely. One of the chips was missing a label, so I sent them a photo and they mailed me a replacement. Made it easy.
I agree. Terrific service and communication from The Poker Store. I believe I received my chips the next day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom