My first go at it (1 Viewer)

rocollis

Pair
Reaction score
Well, a couple of first. My first time starting a thread AND (much more importantly) my first order from CPC. I'm not much of a poster but I've read quite a bit on here, so I was pretty familiar with the do's and don'ts, and things to consider before ordering a set of customs. I also had previously ordered a tournament set from BCC back in 2007. I played around with the design tool for months considering color combinations. I tried to keep the price down and pick edge spots that were realistic and true to the denomination, but I also knew this was a once in lifetime (ha! maybe 3 or 4) set so I didn't want to skimp too much and make sure I was happy with the look. I also went with the A-mold in an attempt to save a bit. I did also like the FDL mold because of the bigger inlay size. I knew I wanted the 1/16th inlay, but that size is also available on the A-mold, it's cheaper, and it's always in production so I wouldn't have to wait so long on my chips! The inlay I designed myself, with the help of a friend who does graphic design work and was familiar with working in Adobe Illustrator. I had the basic idea in my head that changed many times before it became this. But it stayed close to my original vision of wanting a simple and modern look to it.

Anyway, here are my chips. They are ordered, and they can't get here soon enough!

SV Chips.png

Nice looking set!!! Looking forward to the pron once they arrive. I really like the different angles used with the edge spots too.

Nice looking set!!! Looking forward to the pron once they arrive. I really like the different angles used with the edge spots too.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm also going with random inlay placement. I know it's not for everyone but I love the uniqueness it brings to each chip.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm also going with random inlay placement. I know it's not for everyone but I love the uniqueness it brings to each chip.

Make sure you verify the random inlay placement with David. There have been others that have requested it but didn’t get it. Probably from force of habit of aligning the vast majority of orders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom