My first chip design (1 Viewer)

This might have been said. I didn't read every post.

The denominations seem to blend in with the chip making it hard to read.

You might also try sending a pm to p5woody -- he has really blossomed as a great chip/inlay designer. Several great examples of his recent work are floating around PCF and CT.

Can vouch for p5woody AKA Steve as well. Great guy and a total asset to this community! He is going on a short vacation this week.

This chipset has a bit over $9,000 in face value, so that would cover 2 buy-ins for 20 people.

Jakoye, did you post your breakdown? 560 chips is not a lot for two tables.

Big chips go a long way in bank, but it's the workhorses that come up short when you have a lot of players.

I really like to have, at the very least, 15 of each workhorse chip per player. With 20 players, that's 300 $1 and 300 $5 for your game. Maybe it's best to structure your set for a 1-table game, and then just stretch when it's two tables, or to add-on later after a big win.

You've gotten some great advice in this thread from seasoned chippers - go ahead and post your breakdown and you'll probably get more great advice.

Jakoye, did you post your breakdown? 560 chips is not a lot for two tables.

Big chips go a long way in bank, but it's the workhorses that come up short when you have a lot of players.

I really like to have, at the very least, 15 of each workhorse chip per player. With 20 players, that's 300 $1 and 300 $5 for your game. Maybe it's best to structure your set for a 1-table game, and then just stretch when it's two tables, or to add-on later after a big win.

You've gotten some great advice in this thread from seasoned chippers - go ahead and post your breakdown and you'll probably get more great advice.

My breakdown is as follows:

210 $1 chips
170 $5 chips
130 $25 chips
50 $100 chips

I assume that each player will start out with 10 $1 chips ($10), 8 $5 chips ($40), and 6 $25 chips ($150) for a total of $200 in chips.

I've also decided to add 25 cent chips as well, so that I can host a small stakes cash game for my non-poker degenerate friends. :)

I think you might be right that I should plan for a 10-person table instead of two 10-person tables. I'll look into that and how it would affect my chip mix.

This might have been said. I didn't read every post.

The denominations seem to blend in with the chip making it hard to read.

Yeah, that inlay is just a placeholder. In actuality, the inlays will likely have a white background and black, bold, easily-readable text for the denoms.

Hey jakoye! Fancy you here :cool:. Like others have stated, a color sample set is a must! The colors look entirely different in hand than on your screen. Also, you have to weigh in with what you want. Do you want to keep it within budget, or do you want those spots? If budget is the concern then I suggest doing level 1 or level 2 spots.

single-table 600-chip set:

100 x 25c
220 x $1
220 x $5
40 x $20
20 x$100

$4145 bank ($4345 if using $25 chips)

$200 buy-in for 1/2:
20 x $1
20 x $5
4 x $20

~or~
20 x $1
16 x $5
4 x $25

Add 5x$20 (or 4x$25) for those bigger $300 buy-in games. Use $20 (or $25) chips for re-buys.

$50 buy-in for .25/.50:
8 x 25c
18 x $1
6 x $5

Use $5 chips for re-buys until all in play, then $20 (or $25) chips.

Proposed quarter, along with several $100 chip suggestions using your colors (in no particular order, although I really like the first one). If you are only getting 20x $100, the extra individual chip expense won't break your budget -- so make the hundo something special:

jakoye.png

Hey jakoye! Fancy you here :cool:. Like others have stated, a color sample set is a must! The colors look entirely different in hand than on your screen. Also, you have to weigh in with what you want. Do you want to keep it within budget, or do you want those spots? If budget is the concern then I suggest doing level 1 or level 2 spots.

Hey SixSpeed! I still have my Mustang and I assume you do too based on your avatar!

For me, the edge spots are less important than just having a set of clay chips. I have indeed "down-leveled" my chip designs so that most of them are Level 1 or Level 2 to get the price to something I'm comfortable with spending. I still think the set looks sexy, so that's all that matters. :)

single-table 600-chip set:

100 x 25c
220 x $1
220 x $5
40 x $20
20 x$100

$4145 bank ($4345 if using $25 chips)

$200 buy-in for 1/2:
20 x $1
20 x $5
4 x $20

~or~
20 x $1
16 x $5
4 x $25

Add 5x$20 (or 4x$25) for those bigger $300 buy-in games. Use $20 (or $25) chips for re-buys.

$50 buy-in for .25/.50:
8 x 25c
18 x $1
6 x $5

Use $5 chips for re-buys until all in play, then $20 (or $25) chips.

This is excellent info! Thanks!

I've copied it down and have adjusted my proposed chip set mix to the following:

210 25cent chips
210 1 dollar chips
220 5 dollar chips
50 25 dollar chips
50 100 dollar chips

I think this will cover the most commonly played games. And then once I have money burning in my hole in the pocket in the future, I can buy an expanded clay set with more 25's and 100's and then 500's and 1,000's.

Thanks for the help!

I don't think .25c/.50c NL needs that many quarters - minimum raise makes it a dollar, so only blinds and limpers will really use the quarters. BGinGA's excellent breakdown provides plenty of Q's.

If you think you might start playing .50c/$1.00 Limit poker, that's another story. If you want the set to cover higher, I'd put the extra into $25s... and if you want to spread to two tables, bump the $1s and $5s... or save the money.

Proposed quarter, along with several $100 chip suggestions using your colors (in no particular order, although I really like the first one). If you are only getting 20x $100, the extra individual chip expense won't break your budget -- so make the hundo something special:

View attachment 12473

I added a white .25cent chip to my set, which looks just like yours as far as spot design goes. I pretty much like all those hundy designs. :) Those colors just really go well together and pop because of the black. The design I settled on is like the 3rd one in your top row, except with 4 spots instead of 3.

I don't think .25c/.50c NL needs that many quarters - minimum raise makes it a dollar, so only blinds and limpers will really use the quarters. BGinGA's excellent breakdown provides plenty of Q's.

If you think you might start playing .50c/$1.00 Limit poker, that's another story. If you want the set to cover higher, I'd put the extra into $25s... and if you want to spread to two tables, bump the $1s and $5s... or save the money.

Well, I'd rather err on the side of too many chips at one denomination than not enough. And personally, I like having just gobs and gobs of chips. It just feels like... like victory for me to have big, huge, hulking stacks of chips. :) So I'm gonna go with 20 25 cent chips for each player's starting stack in the "Little Game".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom