My first chip design (1 Viewer)

ramo_and

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planning to get some new chips and I might go for a custom ceramic set from pokershop.de. I've heard Brpokerpro do great custom chips also but they will be too expensive for me.

Anyway, thoughts on this design draft?

Poker chips 2x.png

Nice clean design. I would be concerned though, with the large inlay being the same color on all denoms that they wont be easily seen as different when looking at a pot.
Have you considered a background design that has a color matching the base color, similar to the le noir line of chips?
7DCA06A4-DDC9-4C5D-AEB3-6A607DD3A6C2.jpeg

First thing I always say is if you’re getting customs made make them personalized. “Poker Room” “City Name” is about as generic as you can get. I’m not a fan at all. If you’re getting ceramics the possibilities with what you can do are endless. I suggest searching out what people have done with ceramics to inspire you.

Also, if you’re not going to use any monetary symbol like ¢ or $ (Krona in Sweden?), I would suggest losing the 10 and just make one big set. But you really need to rework your colors and edge spots since all of your chips are pretty dark as of now. Are you familiar with “dirty stacks”?

You have the luxury of a ceramic chip where the whole face can be printed, but in this case you are using most of that surface for a very blank faux inlay.

Skipping some of the suggestions above, you should consider taking advantage of the medium and use that space and flexibility to the maximum.

I like your .25 and 25 chip colors, but I agree with others that the .25 and 10 are pretty close in color.

I agree with others that the large black inlay could be problematic with telling the chips apart. I prefer larger spots anyway, but I would really consider either making the black inlay section smaller and/or adding some kind of color or gradient to it to make it unique.

The text and denomination placements are classic and I don't mind how simple they are, but overall I think the chips could be more creative and personal. Like others have said, if you're spending the money and it's custom you might as well create something truly unique... if not, why not buy something someone else has made that you like? Myself and others have custom sets that we would offer if you fancy them.

Cheers and good luck!

I like the overall vibe.

Change the purple to light lavender.

Ditch the 10 completely.

Make the label smaller radius.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I've redesign it a bit, inspired by the Aria Super High Roller chips. Think I'm goona stick with the large dark inlay, cause I like the looks of it. Hopefully a bit brigher colors could help distinguishing the different chips.

Here it is - thoughts?

Pokerchips new 2.png

What kind of stakes do you play for cash that need a .25 SEK? Not trying to be a dick, nothing wrong with playing micro stakes. It’s just that you might grow out of it quite quickly and this being a custom set, I think it’s worth considering some future proofing. And if you’re doing a 0,5/1 game I would strongly consider skipping the frac all together and just go 1/1

We are just playing for fun, no high stakes. Maybe around 100 SEK buyins, blinds 0.25/0.5. So there's not really any risk of outgrowing it. If we would play higher stakes, I could just use some chips from the tournament set without "KR"

For what we play it's probably a bit overkill to get a custom set but I thought why not. On pokershop.de the price is the same as the China clays such as royals and majestics.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom