My First Attempt at Designing a Chip Set (and 1st Post) (2 Viewers)

tulkas

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Thoughts? (Are the 25 and/or 100 inlays too close to the edge?)

chips.png

http://pokerchipdesigntool.com/?imp_sets=6jzpyrYX

Welcome to the forum. I’ll give you some brutal honesty and say that your inlays are not great at all. definitely get someone to do a nice one for you.

I do however like the choices that you made, so great job on that front. The hundo especially looks great.

Welcome.

There’s a fair amount of other Bay Area chippers here. Where are you at?

Did your screen name come from Tolkien?

I agree on the inlays... I wanted just the number; simple, clean, and clear. But I suck at image creation. Do you think someone would actually help me?

Welcome.

There’s a fair amount of other Bay Area chippers here. Where are you at?

Did your screen name come from Tolkien?

San Jose.

Yep! From Tolkien.

Get a color sample set from CPC!!! Dark Blue, Dark Green, and Black are all very close in color.

I would recommend going with Blue and Dayglo Peacock and Green and Dayglo Green.

Welcome to the forum!

Edit:

Here is a pic of the 3 colors so you can see just how close they all are.

DABA0AFB-C152-4C38-98F3-87C88B2DB025.jpeg

Last edited:
Get a color sample set from CPC!!! Dark Blue, Dark Green, and Black are all very close in color.

I would recommend going with Blue and Dayglo Peacock and Green and Dayglo Green.

Welcome to the forum!

I was hoping that the offset colors, inlay shapes, and simple number would differentiate.

First of all, welcome to the forum!
Read a lot, see a lot, and don't rush. Examine all options. Sleep on ideas and let them mature.
Color wise: nice concept, but put it to the test of reality, by getting a CPC color sample set. Some more differentiation among chips or contrast within each chip might be needed.
Inlay wise: If you opt for utter simplicity, why not hot-stamped chips instead of inlaid? And, ultra playful shaped inlays, almost blank? It's like using champagne glasses to serve water (nothing wrong with water if that's what you like- just to give you an analogy).
Welcome again.

Welcome. Nice start. Keep up the communication and perhaps one of the members here can help you design the inlay.

Wow, thanks for all the feedback. WRT the inlays I’d love some help.

How would I go about asking? Is there an official procedure?

Ooo, shaped inlays! Expensive, but awesome!
Inlay art is the part which makes your chipset truly custom. It should reflect something about you that you want out of the set. Use your imagination!

I am committed to the shape of the inlays. I love the way WTHCs have ‘em.

I'm a sucker for a 1/4 pie set, so great start there. Agree that the colors picked will be too close to each other. Maybe try peacock for the $1 - but the rest are great. Check out @detroitdad bourbon set - he nailed it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom