My ebay find 10 years ago... time flies - Custom Paulson Top Hat & Canes (1 Viewer)

jd2010

Waiting List
Reaction score
Can anyone help teach me when these could have been made? Picked them up on eBay circa 2012 from a pawn shop in TX. Im guessing someone made their ex-wife mad...

Pawn shop did not know what they had either, think I paid about 75 cents a chip at the time.

When was the last year you could order top hat and cane style for home use from Paulson?

20220701_134329.jpg
20220701_134338.jpg

2014 they stopped selling to the public from my understanding. Dang wish the person who made those made a limit set of yellows... you could probably retire off of those! Lol

Just went back and checked my emails to see cause I was curious. 1645 chips, won auction with bid of $1026 = 62 cents a chip

Only the whites and reds have ever seen play, the rest are mint and razor sharp edges still

Well these are pretty freaking awesome. Cool set for sure would love to know the history behind em if it was traceable

I’m almost positive I’ve seen that stamp before, here on PCF, and I feel like it was in quantity too.
I dunno. But nice chips!
I kind of felt the same way too
But if there's any place to track down the history it'd be here, if anyone owned them or made them previously they'll likely come across this thread at some point

Stamp has definitely been posted here before. It’s been quite a while

2014 they stopped selling to the public from my understanding. Dang wish the person who made those made a limit set of yellows... you could probably retire off of those! Lol
Since these are THC they predate the first time Paulson stopped selling to the home market- aka when their retail store closed around 2000. (All the 2000-2014 home chips were on new molds.)

Found this. Looks like at some point the set got split up but I don't have a worth point membership so dunno when this auction was.
Screenshot_20220703-115815_Chrome.jpg

I have a rack each of the white, yellows and blacks. They must have made a few sets
Very cool. Any interest in helping me get the band back together or do you want to hang onto them? Would love to grow the set where possible.

These are amazing. Hope they never get milled.

Enjoy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom