My design - Feedback wanted (1 Viewer)

Erith00

Waiting List
Reaction score
Suites.jpg

Here's my first go at this!

Strikes me as to busy and the denom does not show through. Enlarge the inner circle and use numbers for the denims. Not sure if you need the dashes around the inner circle.

I find the design concept refreshingly different!

The suits throw me off a bit, though - not making sense of the positions progression, the colors of them, or why they even belong on the chips.

I like the use of words instead of arabic numerals, for a change.

Unsure about the edge spots - on some, you use the face spot colors, on others, you use the inlay color. It doesn't have to match, it just has to look good - but I'm always looking for that kind of thing.

Agreed on the suits. It bugs me to no end. Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts, Spades. Lowest value to highest. Only used in racing off chips (if done "properly"), but it is the international standard for suit ranking. Mixing them up on the chips - absolutely not.

The suits on chips don't necessarily have to be in ascending order. Nothing wrong with matching them with appropriate colors: blue diamonds, red hearts, green clubs, black spades (which also matches 1/5/25/100 'standard' denomination colors). A white star 500 works with those choices, as well (or a white star 1 and blue diamond 500 or 25c).

I don't care for the green background or black spots on the FIVE chip. It looks really off; none of the other chips share colors with other denominations. For that reason, I'd also modify the spot color on the ONE chip. You should be able to find eight (or twelve) colors that look good together without using any twice.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the red-green combo, either. I don't think the colors go well, but on top of that, red-green borders are harshed by diffraction for anyone who wears glasses.

If you have glasses, and look at the chip on screen while turning your head left and right, you'll see the word "FIVE" move left and right, overlapping the green background. Red and green are near opposite ends of the color spectrum, so they don't get bent to the same degree when light is going through glass at an angle. (It's even worse with red/blue...)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the red-green combo, either. I don't think the colors go well, but on top of that, red-green borders are harshed by diffraction for anyone who wears glasses.

If you have glasses, and look at the chip on screen while turning your head left and right, you'll see the word "FIVE" move left and right, overlapping the green background. Red and green are near opposite ends of the color spectrum, so they don't get bent to the same degree when light is going through glass at an angle. (It's even worse with red/blue...)

I've often noticed that (though without glasses) Red/Blue shift - never thought about what caused it. Thank you for todays science lesson!

I've often noticed that (though without glasses) Red/Blue shift - never thought about what caused it. Thank you for todays science lesson!

He's absolutely right. It's also the same color they use in the pattern of Freddy Kruger's shirt in the Friday the 13th movies for that exact reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom