My custom set - outdoor activities theme (1 Viewer)

rnelsonee

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all!

A recent trip to Vegas convinced me to finally get a real custom set (my last is just stickers and from when chiptalk.net was up). I lurked here for a bit, and was closing in on a design with CPC. However, as the artwork was getting worked on (by a guy living in Ukraine, no less), the modern look that was showing up didn't jive with CPC's more classic look. And with the delays (my chosen mold is months away) and the cost, I decided to go with ceramic at BR Pro. I enjoyed the sample set (Tikis) a lot, although no shade to the CPC set, as they feel awesome. Thanks to everyone here for posting tons of reviews and analysis - I felt like there were no surprises, which is a good thing.

The lower cost also allowed me to get 1,000 chips vs the 600 I was planning. And I posted about this, but my group and I are wusses, and we barely use the 5 chip (50¢), so the normal progression of 1 → 5 → 25 just doesn't work with us, especially since I wanted lots of colors :) . Using mostly 2.5× and 4× works though. I know this will rub some people here the wrong way, but it works for us.

The theme is just stuff I like doing with friends - eating crabs, sailing, tailgating at Maryland games (if the first two items didn't give it away where I lived!), kickball, visiting beach towns, and running. Overall, I love the result. I could have done a brighter yellow, but my last-minute change from purple to teal/cyan on the 50 chip resulted in an amazing color in person.

Attachments

• PXL_20221207_030011809.jpg
    PXL_20221207_030011809.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 105
  • PXL_20221205_204703744.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20221205_204703744.NIGHT.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 102
Love it. Very nice and unique set. Big one too :)
Would love to see more closeups.
Your designer made a realy good job. I like how the edgespot colors can be found in the graphic somehow but not too obvious. If that makes sense.

Have fun.

Thanks! It's funny, because I only asked the artist to do inlays since this was going to be for CPC chips. So after deciding to go with ceramics, I did a quick mockup in a free trial of Illustrator with the chip colors as huge borders and then did the edge spot graphics; then I asked the artist to add those changes to his work.

Digital close-up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 7.32.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 7.32.09 AM.png
    492 KB · Views: 64

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom