My CPC FDL chips. Sample sets available. (1 Viewer)

Lars

Flush
Reaction score
Hi,

J5 and I have been working on a set of customs for some time now. These are based on my business logo which has a kite, key and lightning bolt in reference to Benjamin Franklin. I think he is the most interesting person in history as he was a pioneer in so many areas and was such an important part of the founding of the United States. I wanted to have these done of the FDL mold as a reference to Franklin being the first U.S. Ambassador to France.
I won a chip from Toby(Black Cat Club) several years ago that has script about the edge of the label which I think looks great and is easy to read on the large label of the FDL. I put my favorite quotes from Poor Richards Almanac around the edge of the label. I had to slightly modify some of them so that they would more or less have the same number of letters.
I decided on solids as I was after an old fashioned look and I think solids have a simple classy look to them. I spent countless hours trying different spots. David(BGinGA) and John(J5) both helped me come up with great spots but I just kept thinking that these look best as solids as John and I had originally designed them.
I would like to thank J5 for his patience and excellent work. He is awesome.
Thanks to Dave(BG) also for his help with spots and breakdowns.
And thanks to David(CPC) for taking a chance investing in the mold repair.
I hope you like them. If anyone would like a set of samples post here. I just want to order enough without ordering too many. A full set is $11 plus shipping to you. You can pay when I get them in a couple of months. I also posted this on CT so if you are on that list you don't need to post here.

6HCvGEP.jpg
KgkAJQA.jpg

Sample Sets (If you posted on CT you are listed both places)

Mental Nomad 1
Bivey 1
JFCJ 1
Labmonkey 1
Puggy 1
Shaggy 1
Chipjoker1
BGinGA 1
Tommy 2
Mr. Cheese 1
CdnBeerLover 1

Last edited:
First, I LOVE the chips! it's hard to get me on board with a denom-only chip, but this is perfect: subtle watermark; unique quotes for each side of each chip. Perfect for a home game, too, because it will get people talking.

Anyone else getting broken pic links for this one?

Yup unfortunately

I was getting the broken-link icon too, but I remembered something. I was clued into an unfortunate aspect of ChipTalk when researching for the Hall of Fame nominations: if you post photos hosted on ChipTalk on another forum, only users on that forum who are also signed into ChipTalk will be able to see the pics. Not sure if this is a general vbulletin setting or a ChipTalk-specific setting, but it sucks regardless. I signed into ChipTalk and - voilà - the pr0n appeared.

In any case, see below for pics viewable to people who would prefer not to sign up or sign in to ChipTalk:

(pics removed for ease of browsing now that they're also hosted here and displayed above)

Last edited:
Thanks for the help and the kind words jbutler.

Thanks for grabbing the pics off CT Jack. I also updated the first post with the pictures hosted here so everyone can see them too.

Very clever and lookin' good!

I would think it's a CT-specific setting not to display pics elsewhere unless logged in, but self-defeating imo.

In for a sample set!

As a Penn alumnus, I too have great respect for the man.

"Genius without education, is like Silver in the mine." BF

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Actually, I meant alumNUTZ

Gorgeous chipes Lars!!!

* Great to see another "Quaker" around Bivey!!

In for a sample set!

As a Penn alumnus, I too have great respect for the man.

"Genius without education, is like Silver in the mine." BF

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Actually, I meant alumNUTZ

Don't remember if I ordered a sample set on CT or not (I think so), but don't wanna risk missing out on these beauties. Sign me up, please!

Colors and design are sorta reminiscent of the German-made Stralka chips, if anybody remembers those:

stralka5.jpg

Don't remember if I ordered a sample set on CT or not (I think so), but don't wanna risk missing out on these beauties. Sign me up, please!

Colors and design are sorta reminiscent of the German-made Stralka chips, if anybody remembers those:

stralka5.jpg

Ditto and exactly.

I'm just TapaTalking

Thanks Guys. I listed everyone in the OP. Thanks for the complements.

2 sample sets please. Thx

sent from my phone

I have had these for some time now but have been crazy busy with work and preparing for my first KCBS BBQ competition. Here is a pick of some before oil.

Attachments

• 20150318_212338.jpg
    20150318_212338.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 193
Well done without overdoing it. Nice, clean look. VERY sharp.

I have had these for some time now but have been crazy busy with work and preparing for my first KCBS BBQ competition. Here is a pick of some before oil.

Those turned out VERY nice, Kurt. Looking forward to seeing more pr0n when you get a chance to take pics and post some.

Please let us know when/where to send the funds for the sample sets! And good luck with the BBQ; kick some ass!

Very nice. I totally forgot about these. With so many people making great sets right now and offering samples, its tough to keep track.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom