My Chips will be For Sale Soon, getting to old !!! (1 Viewer)

Sorry to hear your having health issues, wishing you the best.

As has been mentioned, there's no such thing as too old for this hobby!

That said, it may never seem like it to most of us, but there's going to come a day when we're not going to be around anymore, and that our chips and other collectibles will be passed down to the next in line or sold.

Me? I'd rather live to see my son and his friends enjoy some of my sets. I plan on passing down a set (or two or three) to him while I still have my faculties so I can see him enjoy them some before I pass on. There will be sets that I will allow to be sold, but some are going to be vaulted and will never want to see them leave the family.

Sorry to hear this. Hoping for all the best for you.

Sounds like a tough decision to be made. My father-in-law is not doing well healthwise and always jokes that I will be responsible for going through and getting rid of his stuff (he's retired Navy and has accumulated a lot of memories/things).

While it is hard to part with the chips now, it is much easier to do it while you know the value and meaning behind the chips if there is any versus somebody else doing it later when they don't know the value/story behind it. I can only imagine this was a hard decision to make.

Great seller! Russ B has made some great deals with me, I hope this is just a “phase.”

Wishing you all the best, Russ!

Hi Russ. It seems like you are just about the first chipper I remember from the early 2000’s . It was either you or “I Run Eights” (RIP) who got me a cool Harley flag in a secret Santa on Chiptalk. The carpet is moving under all of our feet. God Bless, and good vibes from the Atlantic Ocean, I just woke up to snow and ice on the veranda here in East Boston

Yes, I will continue on PCF, as I love it here.

This was made, so my Wife or Sons would not have to try and do it. I have stuff dating back to the 90's and some of it , I have no idea of the value.
I think auctions are the best tool when value is hard to pin down. Great to hear that you aren't leaving us for good and will still be around! Will be watching the classifieds to see what cool things might be revealed. That X-mold set you haven't got around to milling piqued my interest.

Any chance that you might make a guest appearance at @CraigT78 's meetup in Dallas?

My thoughts are with you man. Best wishes for your health and do enjoy whatever you can in your life.

The problem with the body getting old is that the mind stays forever young. At 95 you 're still interested in and desire the same things as at 25. :)
I 've had a small first bitter sip of what is to come (52 now).

Art and art objects (like chips) and games (like poker) are very nice substitutes, but still substitutes to the only thing that matters: Genuine communication and love among people.

Thanks Again, Everyone.. I don't (hope) it's nothing serious, been testing me and my Lymph Nodes since Jan 21,

and have more Biop's next week.

They think I am Prob, a COVID long hauler , but not sure.

Good on you! Happy to help you and take any Avalon Club chips into my fold.

Russ, your chips won't be hard to sell for your family if they know to come here. That being said, you can have some fun and watch as you make other collectors very very happy :) I look forward to your sales/auctions/whatever and wish you the best in your personal life. You're a legend!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom