My 1 Year Journey on PCF (1 Viewer)

I love those chairs. Where did you get them?

Thanks! So, I got them about a year ago off of jet.com. They can be found on many sites (Amazon, Jet, Walmart, etc). It's the "Boss Captains Chair". It comes in two colors. The black above is quite a bit softer than the mahogany, and I like them better than the mahogany. There is a look-a-like chair from Regency; this one is much crappier, and I would avoid it.

They hover around $80 / chair, but since I ordered 9 of them, Jet.com got em down to about $56 each. I thought I was being super smart and ordering enough for the octagon table plus 1 extra for when my fat friends break one. Stupid me - now I only have 9 and need an extra one. Waiting for it to drop in price ...

Many of my players wanted arms (I guess they got used to them in the lawn chairs), and this one was the EXACT width of each side of the octagon, so it really was a perfect fit. On the new table, I've got an extra 3/4" per side, so they fit even better!

I still can't believe I didn't piss you off with my constant questions. You've made a customer for life. I think that one of the harder parts was getting the stain right. You matched the bar and the billiards table perfectly!

Here's a wider shot to show how well it flows into the room.
That’s a great room! Congrats!

New here so not sure if this is a cautionary tale or not, ha! :D

Amazing table and collection of chips, seems like I’ll buy less putters and more chips this year!

It's definitely a cautionary tale ... I also came to upgrade the original chips. Also now talking with Tony, good to know I have another 100 emails I can use up! Have also significantly increased my tolerable budget for chips.

Just trying to be patient.

Also now talking with Tony, good to know I have another 100 emails I can use up!

I went back and counted. The various email chains have 152 emails back and forth between myself and Tony from 10/31 (initial contact) to 05/04 (table completion).

Great looking room. Those chairs look like they would cost a lot more than what you paid!

Thanks! This basement has evolved so much over the 11 years I've been here. When poker night started, it was in an unfinished room with a flimsy folding table and some lawn chairs and dice chips.

I'm shocked how well the chairs held up for the price. Looking around right now, they are currently between $80 and $100 depending on where you look. That's way more than 1 paid. They're not perfect, but they've held up with multiple 300lb+ people on them every 3-4 weeks for about 4 years. Most importantly, they fit each side of the octagon/decagon really well and had arms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom