"Murdered" Chip Meaning (1 Viewer)

The term became fashionable in competitive web-based gaming culture, and people think it's cool I guess. Much like how the use of crotch puns never fails to make people giddy with delight for some weird reason.

I always assumed the term could be loosely used to reference any chip modification that cannot be undone, perhaps most commonly the removal of inlays.
He said crotch heh

Question for THC murderers please.
I've only murdered RHCs so far in my chipping journey which was easy enough. I'm planning a THC STT right now which I will fully relabel.

Looking at the 2 examples below I'd like to think the Jack chip would murder just the same as my previous RHCs.

But the Aztar chip looks much more integrated with the chip? is this just the textured appearance that some THC labels have - but essentially the murder process is exactly the same?

Thanks!

1614851389620.png

Question for THC murderers please.
I've only murdered RHCs so far in my chipping journey which was easy enough. I'm planning a THC STT right now which I will fully relabel.

Looking at the 2 examples below I'd like to think the Jack chip would murder just the same as my previous RHCs.

But the Aztar chip looks much more integrated with the chip? is this just the textured appearance that some THC labels have - but essentially the murder process is exactly the same?

Thanks!

View attachment 648773
Jacks would indeed murder like RHC.

Aztar is real shaped inlay so would murder in that shape specifically instead of round. I've not tried myself, but would assume that shape is easy enough to murder, and gear can produce labels with the same shape. (I think). I'm sure someone here has done this.

Edit: @Eriks tried this once? Some insight maybe?

Right now I'm particularly thinking of black. @DZPoker spent a long time looking for a rack before finding one, and I've yet to see one come up for sale in the public view. But I guess that speaks to rarity, not desirability (maybe both!). Whites seem to be fairly common, as well as reds, although shade matching is always a problem when trying to make a rack out of thirty chips here and eighty-five chips there.

A few people are trying to make "skittles" sets (like this one!), where every player gets a stack of chips in their own color. So for something like that they're trying to get many different colors.

Can't speak for anyone else, but yeah, starburst collectors like pretty colors as much as anyone, so the same colors that are widely in demand will be in demand for starbursts as well. For myself, I'm looking for black (to go with my beautiful whites) plus anything else that my wife says "oooh!" when she sees the pictures. :)
Black Starburst Like these ones?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114764816498?hash=item1ab8842072:g:2LoAAOSwg-NgZ19z

Alas, no, not like those. Those are Charcoal, which is a nice color, and in fact I bought one of that seller's charcoal racks already. But they're not Black, they're merely very dark grey. Thanks for the tip-off, though, and please keep 'em coming!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom