Murder for Hire (1 Viewer)

I can wholeheartedly endorse the work done by @Nanook I sent him some chips I'd started on but was struggling with, he took care of them. I sent him more chips I was worried about because they had the dreaded paper labels, he took care of them too. I bought chips and had them sent straight to him without even trying because he does that good of a job. Send him your chips to remove inlays, you won't be disappointed.

MFHClip.png

I can wholeheartedly endorse the work done by @Nanook I sent him some chips I'd started on but was struggling with, he took care of them. I sent him more chips I was worried about because they had the dreaded paper labels, he took care of them too. I bought chips and had them sent straight to him without even trying because he does that good of a job. Send him your chips to remove inlays, you won't be disappointed.

View attachment 824919
Dibs on bear claws if split.

Any how too on the paper inlays?
My Fantasy horseshoe chips are paper I’m pretty sure FML
Paper inlays require alcohol only and lots of scraping. Unfortunately there is no good way to get the inlay and adhesive to all come up in one piece like it does with the vinyl ones

I can wholeheartedly endorse the work done by @Nanook I sent him some chips I'd started on but was struggling with, he took care of them. I sent him more chips I was worried about because they had the dreaded paper labels, he took care of them too.
Paper labels can be removed nicely, but it takes quite a bit of effort and time.

I bought chips and had them sent straight to him without even trying because he does that good of a job. Send him your chips to remove inlays, you won't be disappointed.
Thanks! You are too kind.

Paper inlays require alcohol only and lots of scraping. Unfortunately there is no good way to get the inlay and adhesive to all come up in one piece like it does with the vinyl ones

Paper labels can be removed nicely, but it takes quite a bit of effort and time.

Thanks! You are too kind.
Yup
I found that out here
Scraping like a MoFo
Future $2000 chips
D56D3DAD-FC25-4D6F-9D49-7FF24294B439.jpeg

Here are some more recent pics. If you are a diy guy, zoom in and notice how there is basically no damage to any of the chips I murder. Don't be the guy to auger into chips and damage the chip so much that even after a label is applied you are going to notice the scar left behind by your "poor technique" murder

Here are some more recent pics. If you are a diy guy, zoom in and notice how there is basically no damage to any of the chips I murder. Don't be the guy to auger into chips and damage the chip so much that even after a label is applied you are going to notice the scar left behind by your "poor technique" murder

Having murdered some for myself, I am very impressed with those results. Makes it look like it ain’t no thing

One thing I noticed is how easy it is to mill too deep. A shallow recess is best, and these look great!

One thing I noticed is how easy it is to mill too deep. A shallow recess is best, and these look great!
Milling off labels is basically a last resort kinda thing. It's a huge mess and it's likely to leave a crescent moon of the old label around the edge as the label isn't exactly centered on the chip when the drill bit is. There are times it is warranted, but they are few and far between. For labeled chips you want to just remove them with an exacto nice and if needed some NPR.

@Nanook has done several of mine that were both relatively easy and a total pain in the ass. Awesome results each time.

These are not milled. They are murder by knife, needle nose pliers, a pic and either Non Alcohol Nail Polish Remover (NANPR) or Alcohol. The only material I ever remove murdering this way is the laminate & the label/sticker/inlay (or whatever you want to call it)

With this method, there is no danger of going too deep because you just are not doing that at all. This method is more appropriate for chips that have inlays. Murder by milling is more appropriate for chips that are hot stamped.

These are not milled. They are murder by knife, needle nose pliers, a pic and either Non Alcohol Nail Polish Remover (NANPR) or Alcohol. The only material I ever remove murdering this way is the laminate & the label/sticker/inlay (or whatever you want to call it)

With this method, there is no danger of going too deep because you just are not doing that at all. This method is more appropriate for chips that have inlays. Murder by milling is more appropriate for chips that are hot stamped.

do you enjoy it? i've done a few and found it to be an absolutely miserable process. my fees would be astronomical.

do you enjoy it?......
lol, enjoy is a pretty strong verb. No, I wouldn't say I enjoy it like I enjoy going to a ballgame or a concert, but I don't mind it either. I do it in between other things while I am waiting around anyway. I have a job where I have complete autonomy and have to wait around while "the cake has to bake" so to speak so I do some of this in the down time

Last edited:
Great results @Nanook ! What type of knife do you use? Have you had any luck murdering 36mm chips?

Great results @Nanook ! What type of knife do you use? Have you had any luck murdering 36mm chips?
Thanks for the compliment. I use the knife shown in the pic below. Nice and small and I can just break off a chunk to get a sharp edge every once in a while. I think the biggest tip to avoiding damaging the chips with the cut/knife part of murder is to hold the knife almost horizontal or parallel to the face of the chip. That way you don't go in very deep at all. I rarely see any sort of knife cut/mark into the center part of the chip after I remove the vinyl. Of course, I have had lots of practice. I have never actually murdered 36mm chips, but I see no issue at all with them. I think I am about at 20k chips murdered now so I am pretty decent at it... lol PM me if you want.

do you enjoy it? i've done a few and found it to be an absolutely miserable process. my fees would be astronomical.
I'm kinda in the same boat on cleaning chips. The sound of the ultrasonic drives me bat shit crazy, no idea why. I don't mind removing inlays, but Nanook just does such a better job I'd rather pay him to do it.

Putting labels on chips and oiling them on the other hand I can crank out all day with just a tv show or movie on.

I also use @Nanook ’s services. He is great. I still murder a rack occasionally, but nanook is the way to go, especially for big projects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom