Movie/TV Show Reviews (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Whatcha ya watching? Any good?

Wifey and I turned on Fury last night. Damn was it solid. Honestly, nothing new was done concerning war, fighting and shit. What they did, they did very well.
Fury: 4 our of 5 stars

Brad Pitt is hit and miss in my eyes. He put in on an A+ performance in this flick. The supporting cast was pretty good. It took a bit to adjust to Shane's character (dude from Walking Dead/Shane, lol).

No real twists. The one "small" surprise was predictable.

Normally I hate Shia Labeouf. Hell, he almost ruined Lawless for me. The middle 30 minute act of that movie is horrible. Anyways, he didn't piss me off in the movie. Carried his own just fine.

Anyways, I liked it. The tank battles were pretty cool. Special effects were spot on. Solid acting. Can't ask for much more than that .

Is it Dirty Dozen..........nope. but it is definitely worth watching.

B

This morning I'm watching part of Metallica: Some Kind of Monster.

Some Kind of Monster made me hate one of my favorite bands. The album they made the documentary for (St. Anger) was atrocious. They redeemed themselves a little with Death Magnetic, but they will never be the same to me.

Some Kind of Monster made me hate one of my favorite bands. The album they made the documentary for (St. Anger) was atrocious. They redeemed themselves a little with Death Magnetic, but they will never be the same to me.

metallica was gone for me before that, so i didn't really have a personal stake in the quality of that record. the documentary, however, was phenomenal imo.

I may have to give it another watch as I honestly never even finished it. I just couldn't get past the sessions with the psychiatrist. Grow up and break up like a real fucking band. It featuring a lot of the music from St. Anger was a real turn off also. Which come to think of it is probably the real reason I didn't like it. God damn that album sucks.

I download and stream a lot of shows.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded the two seasons of Peaky Blinders (BBC I think). Solid gangster show that takes place in the early 20's. What's nice is that each season is only 6 episodes. They don't take forever to get the damn story moving (unlike Homeland, which I still like, but damn is it slow).

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I may have to give it another watch as I honestly never even finished it. I just couldn't get past the sessions with the psychiatrist. Grow up and break up like a real fucking band. It featuring a lot of the music from St. Anger was a real turn off also. Which come to think of it is probably the real reason I didn't like it. God damn that album sucks.

I couldn't finish it either for the same reason. Those sessions are horrible. Sorry Lars that you fucked up your life..........

I just finished watching season 3 of Lillyhammer on Netflix. It's about a gangster from NY who relocates to Norway for witness relocation and is a total boss over in Norway. Pretty decent show although I didn't like season 3 as much as the first two seasons.

The blacklist is a favorite show of mine. I'm counting down the days until it returns again after the mid season break.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom