most popular chips going back 10+ years ago (1 Viewer)

When I first got into chipping during blue boards. It was 2007?

Vineyards
Pnys
Crystal Parks
Condado Beach

Buttonpotato was the big baller of the group and had a bunch of crystal parks as well as a custom set for his villa. Negrete? Something like that.

People didn’t care about RHC and THCs back then. And I remember you could still get custom BCCs and get the heavyweight option which added metallic to make them heavier. There a lot of issues with bcc and spinners

CPC was ASM back then and there were a lot of custom sets since no one back them removed labels or milled chips. That’s more a recent thing

TRK we’re around and I think you could still get customs. Since they were still open, we didn’t scramble for them and their prices were fair.

I owned TRK rounders, TRK deadwoods, and bcc high rollers. As well as a bunch of sets in between those. I think the most I paid for a chip was $2.50/chip. I even sold my TRK deadwoods for $1.75/chip

Prices nowadays are ridiculous. But so it goes with any hobby that grows

My guess would be about $2 each. Do his identification of pri and sec correspond with the lower and higher ChipGuide numbers for each denom?

Oh, and how many are there in "substantial"? :cool

Larry,

Just got the text and pron from my friend with the breakdown:

"Here it goes....
$1 - 12 which are very rare
$1 -1 non coin inlay which are ultra rare
$2.50 - 66 ...rare
$2.50 -1 non coin inlay ...ultra rare
$5 - 210 red with blue
$5 -228 red with white
$25- 209 green with light pink
$25- 102 green with pink
$100- 51 black with pink
$100-185 black with purple
$500- 21 white with blue...very rare
$500-1 purple with blue. Ultra rare. Heard there are less than 100 of these in existence over 7 years ago.
$1000-3 rare as it gets. Heard they were only 44 know to exist 7 years ago. I paid an average of $44 per chip for these

1090 Chips total."

These beauties are definitely some early influencers that got me into collecting for sure.

1640838259355.jpeg

My guess would be about $2 each. Do his identification of pri and sec correspond with the lower and higher ChipGuide numbers for each denom?

Oh, and how many are there in "substantial"? :cool
sold

Back then any chips over $2/chip was considered very expensive. I bought my deadwoods and rounders right before I came to pcf and I paid around $1.75/chip. My first intro post on pcf are the rounders cash set I had. This was right before the hoard in France? Was discovered. Even then, I think I sold them to megaton for $2.50/chip? Which sounds so cheap now.

I sold so many precious sets bc at the time I needed the money. I still look at old photos of my sets. *tears*. Hahha

Wasn't here 10 years ago, but can bet that I would have Hoovered up any CDI98 I could find. They probably couldn't be given away back in 2011.

seriously CDI 98s were considered meh back then. I had a set and since everyone had them, i sold it pretty quick. Prices for them now are crazy, but leaded THCs are hard to come by

Damn this thread has made me realize that my 10 year chipper-versary is coming up in April.

I should celebrate with a CPC set or something. Maybe a giveaway?

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I know! How about a roast?! Don’t think I’ve ever seen one on any of the chipping forums.

Roast my sets instead of rate my sets? Think I might be on to something

Reactions: ovo
Damn this thread has made me realize that my 10 year chipper-versary is coming up in April.

I should celebrate with a CPC set or something. Maybe a giveaway?

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I know! How about a roast?! Don’t think I’ve ever seen one on any of the chipping forums.

Roast my sets instead of rate my sets? Think I might be on to something

Considering i bought so many chips from you, i probably don't have a lot of negative things to say lol

Considering i bought so many chips from you, i probably don't have a lot of negative things to say lol

Just you wait my friend, I’m sure I’ll say/do some things for you to roast me for ;)

Seriously though, thanks for buying them, they’ve allowed me to focus on finishing up some other sets :tup::tup:

$1 - 12 which are very rare
$1 -1 non coin inlay which are ultra rare
$2.50 - 66 ...rare
$2.50 -1 non coin inlay ...ultra rare
$5 - 210 red with blue
$5 -228 red with white
$25- 209 green with light pink
$25- 102 green with pink
$100- 51 black with pink
$100-185 black with purple
$500- 21 white with blue...very rare
$500-1 purple with blue. Ultra rare. Heard there are less than 100 of these in existence over 7 years ago.
$1000-3 rare as it gets. Heard they were only 44 know to exist 7 years ago. I paid an average of $44 per chip for these

1090 Chips total."

These beauties are definitely some early influencers that got me into collecting for sure.
Hmmm -- I don't know what the numeric ranges are for "very rare" and "ultra rare".

Of the "very rare" $1s, I have a picture of a set which included a full rack. (I think I have 1 or 2.)

Of the "very rare" $500s, I was told in 2013-2014 there were 150 in existence. (I have 41 of them.)

I do have 1880 total of the $5s/$25s/$100s/$500s. If your friend has been trying to track these denom totals via various sales through the years, mine were acquired from spyder1954 in 2013, johnbaker33 in 2014, Solid Snake in 2018, and TheBOOT in 2019.

Regarding the three $1,000s being "as rare as it gets", I wonder if any of the $5,000s and $10,000s shown in the ChipGuide are known to still exist...

Back then, we all still complained how expensive chips were. Remember the faux clay chip phase? People went nuts for cheap chips. They were dying the white chips with Koolaid to make different colors. There was a whole section dedicated to those lovely chips.

Back then, we all still complained how expensive chips were. Remember the faux clay chip phase? People went nuts for cheap chips. They were dying the white chips with Koolaid to make different colors. There was a whole section dedicated to those lovely chips.

I never got into the faux clay nation

I got into the hobby around the time some of these sets were available and went through a handful of them.
PNYs, Crystal Parks, Dunes, Olivias, Condado Beach, brings back some memories.
Still remember my first game playing with "better chips" which were tournament and cash games with Ritzs. I bet some of the guys I met on CT that day are still around here somewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom