Most annoying things your guests say or request at your home game? (2 Viewers)

- I like your other chips. (they're like my children, they can hear you. We try to give them equal time)

I look forward to this one. With CPC chips on the launching pad, and CPS chips on the boat, I look forward to rotating chip sets. Best rotation schedule so far: If Ben shows, put out the china clays. I can't think of anything that could ever tilt Ben, but knowing there were beautiful CPC's in the box and CCs on the table just might do it.
twisted.gif

Reactions: Ben
I look forward to this one. With CPC chips on the launching pad, and CPS chips on the boat, I look forward to rotating chip sets. Best rotation schedule so far: If Ben shows, put out the china clays. I can't think of anything that could ever tilt Ben, but knowing there were beautiful CPC's in the box and CCs on the table just might do it.
twisted.gif

Hey, I ain't no snob - I plan to run some large tourneys at the new place with those very same CPS chips. Now, if you bust out the Frankenstein set again with CPCs in the house, I may very well burn the place down (I'm jacking the cool bathroom sink before the flames engulf it though. :))

I just hate the folks with 4-5 barrels of $5 chipes in front of them asking if I can break out a larger denomination and change them out because they don't like a lot of chips in front of them. It's usually the same folks that ask in the beginning what all the chips are worth when it's printed clearly on the chip. (Either PNY or Crystal Park)

Makes me want to slap the tartar off their teeth...

$0.25/$0.50 game and the host says "there's $500 on the table" and I look down and see I'm only up $3.50.

-I mostly get razzed for the music. (My poker night playlist includes a couple Avril Lavigne and Taylor Swift songs. I make no apologies.)

-One guy consistently throws out a higher denom for a one-chip call even when he has PLENTY of the correct denom chips (like the bet is $200 and he throws out a $500 instead of two hundos when he has over a barrel of $100s in his stack--WTH!? This isn't "Change Bank")

-One guy consistently throws out a higher denom for a one-chip call even when he has PLENTY of the correct denom chips (like the bet is $200 and he throws out a $500 instead of two hundos when he has over a barrel of $100s in his stack--WTH!? This isn't "Change Bank")

I'd much rather this than two barrels of $5... but the oversized call can be annoying too... specifically when there isn't adequate change already in the pot.

"Oh, I would call if I were you...he's on a flush draw." when its all in for a big pot. And its from one of the players not in the hand.

"Oh, I would call if I were you...he's on a flush draw." when its all in for a big pot. And its from one of the players not in the hand.

This is disgusting. It takes a lot for me to get upset at other players, but I'm not slow to draw my "IF YOU'RE NOT IN THE HAND, YOU SHOULDN'T SAY ANYTHING" gun.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

-I mostly get razzed for the music. (My poker night playlist includes a couple Avril Lavigne and Taylor Swift songs. I make no apologies.)

The large denomination call annoys me probably the most. We've got one player (while a good guy and fun to play with) who won't touch a stack once it hits twenty chips. He could have a whole rack of T100s in his stack and he'll call a T200 bet with a T500 because he doesn't want to break up his perfect stacks. Would you guess that he's also a total nit?

The large denomination call annoys me probably the most. We've got one player (while a good guy and fun to play with) who won't touch a stack once it hits twenty chips. He could have a whole rack of T100s in his stack and he'll call a T200 bet with a T500 because he doesn't want to break up his perfect stacks. Would you guess that he's also a total nit?

What annoys me worse than that is the guys who will count out 400 in green 25 value chips to call a bet, when they have plenty of black 100 chips in front of them. Stop slowing down my game damn u!

What annoys me worse than that is the guys who will count out 400 in green 25 value chips to call a bet, when they have plenty of black 100 chips in front of them. Stop slowing down my game damn u!

This also. I gave you T25s for a reason, jackass.

"I want the crisp, new $100 dollar bills only."

Go to the local frickin bank and exchange as many as you want. I'm not searching thru the whole stash in the bank so you can have crisp new bills. :mad:

I'd be inclined to pay that fucker in rolled pennies!

At closing time, I've waited till the end of the line to pay him - all in scrunched up, gnarly $5 and $20 bills. :cool: Cuz I know if I pay him early in $20's or $50's, he's going to be like:
"Can I have a new hundred? Can I have a new hundred?....."

Can I bring my own chair? (I have Gassers)
I can't get used to these chips! (We play a 3/6 O8 game with $3 Aces) They keep thinking they are $5, even though the denom is huge on those, and we've been playing a year.
Can we have a deck change? (Yeah, it's the deck that's making you call raises with a 3 suited Jack high)

At closing time, I've waited till the end of the line to pay him - all in scrunched up, gnarly $5 and $20 bills. :cool: Cuz I know if I pay him early in $20's or $50's, he's going to be like:
"Can I have a new hundred? Can I have a new hundred?....."

Lol, this reminds me of a patient I came across at a nursing home. He'll go up to the nurses station at 9pm and ask:

Can I have a soda?

NURSE: No

Can I have a cigarette?

Can I have some ice cream?

Can I have a coffee?

How about a paperclip?

NURSE: God you ask for the weirdest things, here you go *hands paperclip to crazy old dude*

Lol, this reminds me of a patient I came across at a nursing home. He'll go up to the nurses station at 9pm and ask:

Can I have a soda?

Can I have a cigarette?

Can I have some ice cream?

Can I have a coffee?

How about a paperclip?

NURSE: God you ask for the weirdest things, here you go *hands paperclip to crazy old dude*

I will be that guy, but instead of a paperclip, I would ask the nurse for a BJ. Then after that, I would ask for the drink/smoke/dessert/coffee again, because you know that she will do anything to avoid hearing the BJ question again. :cool:

I will be that guy, but instead of a paperclip, I would ask the nurse for a BJ. Then after that, I would ask for the drink/smoke/dessert/coffee again, because you know that she will do anything to avoid hearing the BJ question again. :cool:

I didn't know you played BlackJack!?!?

My nephew, heart of gold but still acts like he's 14, shows up at my last game. I asked him to bring 3 candy bars for my daughters, his cousins. He shows up and says "$5 for the candies will cover it". He then eats my steak tip chili, I give him $100 to rebuy (with no need to pay me back), drinks 8 of my craft beers and then asks to crash the night on my couch. I'm still WTF about $5 for the candy bars. People don't get how burden'ish it can be to host these things, let alone be so cheap not to contribute.

My neighbor, an Old Man Coffee type, always wants to count to the penny and brings like 4 dollars in quarters to ensure his cashout of $21.50 is exact.

I guess my theme is, I hate cheap people. When other people ask for $5 to cover food and drink, I give the $5 and I hate it when I see people say "oh I'm not hungry" or "I'm not gonna touch that". Kill kill kill.

Some people just don't get it. You may have to take him aside and explain that the point about the candy bars is the gesture of bringing a gift for his cousins, not just covering the cost.

My neighbor, an Old Man Coffee type, always wants to count to the penny and brings like 4 dollars in quarters to ensure his cashout of $21.50 is exact.

Knowing how you play, this makes me LOL pretty hard. I'd love to see this guy's face after you crack his aces with 23s.

I hate people that demand hundos when they cash out when there are 30 people and $12k in play. It's managing a bank and playing, nevermind having 25 beers in me and a stack of $20s tall enough to stand on and throw baseballs at airplanes overhead and 215 feet away.

I guess my theme is, I hate cheap people. When other people ask for $5 to cover food and drink, I give the $5 and I hate it when I see people say "oh I'm not hungry" or "I'm not gonna touch that". Kill kill kill.

I've had games where I provide all the water, soft drinks, and liquor (not the top shelf stuff). And then I have one of the players, Joe Shmoe help get the pizza and snacks. I ask the players upfront that we're splitting the food money and please chip in and pay back Joe Shmoe. I would get the same type responses like "Thanks but I ate already." or "Do I really need to pay? I'm not going to eat anything."

Really!! For 6-8 hours while we play, you are not going to have a drink or nibble on something? Ridiculous and CHEAP!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom