Morel Mushrooms and other exotic snacks (1 Viewer)

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Went mushroom hunting on Saturday, I got lost for most of it, Ben however landed a score. @Ben8257

We will be frying these up later on!

123951(3).jpg
123_1(2).jpg
123_1(1).jpg

Any body else love mushrooms?? Or have a unique snack to share?!

These are non hallucinogenic mushrooms! Lol weird looking, I have had a few friends tell me about them so my cousin told me they know where to hunt for them... apparently this is a huge thing around these parts, people all over the mountains hunting these! Brie and I love fried mushrooms... she is not looking forward to these but I can't wait, cut them in half... 2 more hours soak time and they should be ready to go!!

These are non hallucinogenic mushrooms! Lol weird looking, I have had a few friends tell me about them so my cousin told me they know where to hunt for them... apparently this is a huge thing around these parts, people all over the mountains hunting these! Brie and I love fried mushrooms... she is not looking forward to these but I can't wait, cut them in half... 2 more hours soak time and they should be ready to go!!
how the heck u know if they are edible or not ? i got some photos in my phone i gotta hunt now as I've had huge mushrooms grow on my lawn before

Mushroom picking is very interesting to me but I’m sure I’d pick something poisonous and die.
Unfortunately there are bad ones out there! If you ever want to join Pat let me know buddy, these came from out in the Fredrick watershed public land! Awesome place, people doing some real rock climbing, awesome streams for trout... cool civil era houses at the entry... really fun trip

how the heck u know if they are edible or not ? i got some photos in my phone i gotta hunt now as I've had huge mushrooms grow on my lawn before
You absolutely have to do your reserch, find out what is native to your area. If you find hen of the woods or chicken of the woods, murels, and a few others they can bring huge money!! These little guys sell for $50 a pound and sell out quick!!

You absolutely have to do your reserch, find out what is native to your area. If you find hen of the woods or chicken of the woods, murels, and a few others they can bring huge money!! These little guys sell for $50 a pound and sell out quick!!
Morels are huge around here. I'm not a fungi...guy....but they are very popular in my area.

I have a friend of mine that does ginseng hunting. You have to have a license to sell that stuff but its big money as well. He has several secret stashes that he has plotted into his GPS that he rotates from year to year.

I know there is ginseng here as well, no idea about the license part... I know they sell mushrooms on the side of the road here!
Yeah I think anyone can sell mushrooms. Don't quote me on the ginseng license thing. My buddy is a little....unique. So he could have been BS'ing me. I just know it sells so high that these guys are super secretive about their growth plots. Apparently you can't grow it anywhere but in the wild or something.

Yeah I think anyone can sell mushrooms. Don't quote me on the ginseng license thing. My buddy is a little....unique. So he could have been BS'ing me. I just know it sells so high that these guys are super secretive about their growth plots. Apparently you can't grow it anywhere but in the wild or something.
what's so good about these secretive mushrooms

Unfortunately there are bad ones out there! If you ever want to join Pat let me know buddy, these came from out in the Fredrick watershed public land! Awesome place, people doing some real rock climbing, awesome streams for trout... cool civil era houses at the entry... really fun trip
Sounds like fun!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom