Monte Carlos Confusing In Actual Use? (1 Viewer)

jdub

Pair
Reaction score
I still think these Monte Carlos are beautiful. They have beaucoup denominations. That makes an initial small stakes chip set future proof. (If the company is still in business.) This chip is getting closer to the reject pile as I acquire more samples. Cards molds are on the way. Can't wait!

Have you put these chips to work? Do you find the color spots to be confusing in actual play? Counting this stack is impossible, but then when are you going to have a stack with 5 different denominations in play?

Maybe you haven't used these, but you have used a "busy" chip and came to dislike it. I am thinking that easy discrimination is an important criteria. I only now realize that card room chips I have seen are very simple.

Attachments

• monte_carlo.jpg
    monte_carlo.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 108
With mine we just split stacks up into groups of 5. Makes them easy to count. It is hard to see how many are in a taller stack though

Usually there will only be at most be 3 or 4 denominations in play and with at least 1 of it in the minority

Example 25c $1 $5 very few $25

Or $100 $500 $1000 very few $5000

As long the chips are stack in according to the same denomination in 20s or 10s and the largest denomination chips separately. Eye balling the stack is easy

Well... for one there are FAR too many denoms in that stack! Yes if you use the $10, and $50 it is going to be confusing. But $1/$5/$25/$100 I don't see where the problem is? I never saw a frac to the set but think one was made later, no idea what color they used. But typically 5 denoms in play max, they used different colors again unless you plan to use the Blue $10 and Blue $50?? (No idea what they were thinking).

For a tournament T25 green/ T100 black/ T500 Purple/ T1000 Yellow (maybe a dirty stack with the T100?) PINK 5k and Orange 10k...

We only ever played them as t5 based t2K starting stacks and I never saw any dirty stack issues there
20220731_193216.jpg

20210401_085541.jpg

I mean they are cheap chips, they wobble, not much QC on these guys. You have heard it before and hate to be that guy... but "you get what you pay for" seems fitting here.

They don't look quite so bad when you see them in barrels. I only have a sampler.

Last edited:
They don't look quite so bad when you see them in barrels.
A normal player will not mixed them together in play too unless they are amateur poker player.

In that case, people can explain to them why and request them to stack them separately or if they not willing to do so, just ask for* a chip count every time

Last edited:
Reactions: DRG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom