Monopoly Themed Custom Chips (1 Viewer)

LGShepherd

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello PCF!

Long term lurker, first time poster!

I am looking for a custom set of chips for when I eventually find my first house (house buying in the UK is a killer!) and I am toying with the idea of a Monopoly themed set.

The idea is to use the same demoninations and colours as the notes from the board game then they could have multiple uses (poker and Monopoly mainly).

Has anyone ever come across a Monopoly themed set for a bit of inspiration and do you think this would be a good idea?

Any recommendations for places for custom chips would be massively welcomed too. I've already spoken with Sunfly via email and shipping seems brutal, but is what it is.

Thanks!

It is a very popular idea and has been done by at least one member. @AfterTheFact had these made. His pic.

2AA098E6-A9AC-4F9E-B9BD-1EC77E960FD1.jpeg

Those look really good.

Slightly different to what I have in my head but I need to get them designed and posted here for feedback.

I am thinking of the chips looking more like a circular version of the note as opposed to more of a traditional poker chip if that makes sense?

I see a yellow Community Chest 1K and an orange Chance 5K. Although for a monopoly themed set you may want to go official NJ colors.

Hello PCF!

I am looking for a custom set of chips for when I eventually find my first house (house buying in the UK is a killer!) and I am toying with the idea of a Monopoly themed set.

The idea is to use the same demoninations and colours as the notes from the board game then they could have multiple uses (poker and Monopoly mainly).

Has anyone ever come across a Monopoly themed set for a bit of inspiration and do you think this would be a good idea?

Any recommendations for places for custom chips would be massively welcomed too. I've already spoken with Sunfly via email and shipping seems brutal, but is what it is.

Thanks!
Shipping is brutal everything right now. Today I paid $1.90 Canadian per liter for Diesel fuel. My country has the 3rd largest reserve for oil in the world but we harvest next to nothing.....I doubt shipping prices will improve anytime soon, i'd say just consider it the cost and an actual discount from whatever the price will be 6 months from now when fuel is ?$$$$$?

I was just talking with a friend about the concept of buying a large tank to have at home to buy in larger quantities now knowing the price will rise to potentially get ahead of buying at 'X' price whenever the tank in your vehicle gets low. A company could plan a whole business plan of selling home tanks that could store approx 3months supply of fuel for the average 2 car family.

Everyone knows chips are the only way to play monopoly! You don’t really need all of the standard money values. 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 is just a lot of chips. We play with just 5s, 25s, and 100s (10/10/12 stack) and round any small rent amounts up to the nearest 5. It’s a minuscule amount in the grand scheme of the game and makes it a lot faster to play without really changing anything.

Hello PCF!

Thanks!
I know there is a London Monopoly game that could give you ideas for chips. There could be a chip company in the UK.

I love this idea, had some Mr Monopoly ideas (see profile pic for a mockup) for a friend that is obsessed with the game. Good luck with the house hunting, can be brutal!

If I did this I'd want to tie in the property names with the chip colours. Like a brown 25c chip with Old Kent Road/Whitechapel written all around it, blue $1 with Angel/Euston/Pentonville. Then you have a decision - do you stick with Monopoly colour order, or go for chip colour order. i.e. is the $5 a monopoly order purple (Pall Mall/et al.), or a poker order Red (Trafalgar Square). Ditto $25 can be orange or green. Dark blue Mayfair could look quite good as the hundo, or yellow would be next in line. The street names can't be trademarked - Monopoly copied them from real places - but if you didn't worry about IP, you could stick the guy in the middle with the denomination. That's how it looks in my head anyway.

Apologies to my US friends who won't get these street names, but the OP knows what I'm talking about :)

What would be cool would be a custom table cloth of the game board. 2 sided rather thab 4 sided then the chips to go with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom