Monopoly Revisited (1 Viewer)

AfterTheFact

Full House
Reaction score
so most everyone has seen my Monopoly Cash and Tourney sets in the past. They use to get moderate use when I hosted a small .10/.25 game in years past. My biggest problem was the unreliability of the guys who use to play these stakes. It was a chore just to get 6-8 guys together and I was constantly calling it off for lack of players.

Fast forward to the last couple of years where I now have a reliable 8-10 $1/$2 game every other week. This set is never used because there is not enough bank to cover our game which usually stays under $2700 total.

The problem is my cash set consists of

.10c x 200
.25c x 200
$1 x 200
$5 x 100
$20 x 10 plaques

In short I need more $5's. At least 200. I can always use the tournament 25 for a $25 if needed. The other problem is the $5's will cost $250 per 100 so $500 for two racks at least.

I would like to keep the .25's for smaller games but probably will never need the .10 centers again. So my question is do I:

Keep the .10c chips and just make more $5's?
Sell the 10c and use the $$ to fund more $5's?
Turn the .10c inlay into a new cash $25 chip and add more $5's

What to do....

Here are a few refresher pics

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

Keep the .10c chips and just make more $5's

The .10 chips are not going to be that great on the resale market (I'd bet) and you never know what the future would bring. I'd buy at least 500 5s, ass that should be your workhorse chip in a 1/2 NL game.

Never sell your custom set, particularly part of it. We talked Stocky out of it. This is an easier call because you haven't stated you need the money. What you NEED are more chips. Ship it.

Agree, don't sell. But if you do, I'd list those 200 dimes on eBay for $3 each, one at a time. Might take awhile, but that's $600 towards the $5 chips you need.

Single-chip collector market is probably stronger for those than selling by the rack or barrel.

Get more fives. If you can't get three or four hundred more fives right away to cover the bank, play the dimes as $20s - then you can get by with another hundred fives and keep adding on. I know you have 20 $20 plaques, but that just doesn't take you far, and I wouldn't permanently turn the dimes into a $25 in a game with $20s.

Don't sell the dimes.

Also... love the theme and the chips!

I'd turn the $0.25 chips into $25 chips and not use the plaques in your spot. At some point then add on some more plaques and more $5s.

Thanks guys! Great comments. I'll keep the .10c and just have more $5's made. Anyone want to take a stab at helping design a $20 and $100 chip :)

UPDATE:

Order placed for 200 more $5 chips!

Thanks for all the advice above. I will be keeping everything. The additional 200 $5's will make this set playable again since our games have went from a $10 buy in to a $100-200 buy in.

UPDATE:

Order placed for 200 more $5 chips!

Thanks for all the advice above. I will be keeping everything. The additional 200 $5's will make this set playable again since our games have went from a $10 buy in to a $100-200 buy in.

Please don't ever sell them. I don't want to take a loan for poker chips

Keep the small denoms in case you need to run a kids table. More chipes is always the right answer. It's an immutable truth of chipping!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom