Money Tree fracs & $1 from CPC (1 Viewer)

Darson

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a bunch of Money Tree $5s, a rack of $25s and would like to make the set playable with similar looking chips.

Since CPC has the scrown mold and tri-moons, I've been toying with the idea of getting some fracs made - I may even do a barrel or rack of hundo although they'll likely never see play in my game (and will be a hell of a lot cheaper than the real thing).

Here are my first ideas - thoughts, suggestions, improvements?

1598049266062.png

I have a bunch of Money Tree $5s, a rack of $25s and would like to make the set playable with similar looking chips.

Since CPC has the scrown mold and tri-moons, I've been toying with the idea of getting some fracs made - I may even do a barrel or rack of hundo although they'll likely never see play in my game (and will be a hell of a lot cheaper than the real thing).

Here are my first ideas - thoughts, suggestions, improvements?

View attachment 517213

I'd stick with the top row. The moon quarter looks much better to me.

I have a thing for quarters being quarter pies... But the tri-moon does fit the set better
1598134688747.png

I need to get me a recent canary sample also
1598134743237.png

I'm falling down the rabbit hole here - too many choices! I'm tempted just to go for a plain white quarter now that my head is hurting.

1598380912119.png

damn this is a tough call. i really like the very first frac you posted, along with @BGinGA's option above (though i might slightly prefer DG peacock over light blue on that one). it really depends what you want to do with the $1 though. i actually like the $1 with all black spots the best on its own, but it doesn't flow well within the set. if the frac had all one color for edgespots, maybe it would work.

fun project.

OK, I think I'm getting close now. I think the last big decision to make is whether to go with Canary or Dayglo Yellow for the 1.

View attachment 545966
Do you have a comparison line up? That looks like canary to me and I think I personally would prefer that over dayglo just to keep close to the original

For a vintage Money Tree set, I’d go Canary or Yellow. Dayglo Yellow is a bit watery in person.
D59E68D4-236B-4D0E-B9A2-EA386FE2EB40.jpeg

Do you have a comparison line up? That looks like canary to me and I think I personally would prefer that over dayglo just to keep close to the original
Waiting for my colour sample to arrive. I have a couple chips with canary as the base and they look more brown than yellow to me.

With colour samples in hand there is no way I’m going canary. Looks like dayglo Saturn is the right colour. The 5 is so bright and the 25 is not exactly muted so I need colours that pop.
01CC91DC-D51C-4765-A1A9-3457801F8F84.jpeg

And the frac cant be white either. Blurple is growing on me... or maybe dayglo green
5136B7CB-16D7-4DF4-9250-9464B721CF2A.jpeg

With colour samples in hand there is no way I’m going canary. Looks like dayglo Saturn is the right colour. The 5 is so bright and the 25 is not exactly muted so I need colours that pop.
View attachment 549489

And the frac cant be white either. Blurple is growing on me... or maybe dayglo green
View attachment 549492
Are you sure that base isn't DG yellow? Saturn looks more neon baby-puke green.

Also - I feel like you might have some dirty stack issues with the quarter and $25, lot of similar colors...

Are you sure that base isn't DG yellow? Saturn looks more neon baby-puke green.

Also - I feel like you might have some dirty stack issues with the quarter and $25, lot of similar colors...
I think you're right - it's dayglo yellow.

1602274534678.png

The frac will probably cause dirty stack issues with the hundo. I'll have to play with the edge spots some more. Realstically the hundo is never going to see play but I should make it work anyway.

OK, I've placed my order but I have one final decision to make ASAP. I'm settled on gayglo yellow for the $1 but can't decide between dayglo spots or conventional. I'm thinking the conventional will fit better with the rest of the chips (TRK $5 & $25) and I'm doing a blurple frac.

1604506738112.png

OK, I've placed my order but I have one final decision to make ASAP. I'm settled on gayglo yellow for the $1 but can't decide between dayglo spots or conventional. I'm thinking the conventional will fit better with the rest of the chips (TRK $5 & $25) and I'm doing a blurple frac.

View attachment 567822
I like the traditional spots but if going with a blurple frac I would make the blue spot imperial

Glad you went trimoons. Big fan and love what you did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom