Money Drop Box/Tote (1 Viewer)

Jcurling

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures and or help with installing the drop box in the table. I've currently cut out the playing surface and base for the bill slot, but I'm looking for advice on how you get a clean cut through the foam that doesnt look like dog shit... any help is appreciated

Generally for cutting through/shaping foam, I use an electric turkey carving knife.
I've not installed a bill drop, but maybe a really sharp utility knife (brand new blade) will make a clean cut? Can you post a picture of what's going on?

20200202_142316.jpg

When I get home I'll post a pic of the cut I've already made into the micro suede and foam. But the slot is to the right of the dealer tray. I dont have any issues with the mounting of the box itself, just aesthetics on the cutting of felt and foam

If you have already cut the table, I would use a very sharp exact and slice down into the opening on your table. It will be covered by some sort of bill slot plate, so it really won’t be visible. Line the plate up over your table opening, and mark a line. I just make a straight cut, and then use the money paddle to open it up a bit. I usually cut the foam before I put the playing surface on, but have done it this way as well. As long as the paddle will fit into the drop box from above, you should be fine. The screws from the slot plate will hold the layout in place to the table, so it will help prevent any slack around the opening.

Maybe if you tape off an area of the felt with painters tape (test this out on a scrap piece of fabric), then you'll be able to make a clean cut without the fabric stretching or fraying.

I did that, I didnt have any issues really with the felt. I just feel that there needs to be a concave insert attached to the bill slot that would be pushed through the table hole... would make aesthetically pleasing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom