Monaco Poker Chips On Sale Now

Lemonzest

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Ugh...

I want a pure cash set for one table (300-400 chips) but can't decide between these Monacos or Apache's CC Dunes... the latter being less than half the cost. Denoms would be 25¢, $1, $5, and either $10 or $20 for rebuys/addons depending on the set.

I like the Dunes colors a bit better but the Monaco Paulsons just feel a lot nicer, and I like the differing shapes of the "inlays". I understand fully the potential issues with CC's.

I think I know what the consensus here will be... I'm just thinking out loud and inviting comments from the gallery. ;)

(yes, I have samples)

I owned a 1,000 PC set of the Dunes and enjoyed them during that time. Having said that I would buy Monaco and its not even close.

PlaidDragon

Flush
Reaction score
After playing with them for a year, you will have forgotten all about the cost, and will have enjoyed playing with the Monaco chips more. After a year with the Dunes, you'll wish you'd gotten real clays. My 2c.

That is one of the reasons why I wouldn't pull the trigger on something solely based on cost.

Specifically, is the cost of the Dunes TRULY cheaper given I'll take a loss on them at resale and buy something nicer in their stead? Probably not.

I think the Monacos will be the winner today.

Last edited:

PlaidDragon

Flush
Reaction score
And here they are. Cash/Travel set for either 0.25/0.50 or 0.50/$1.

A9AF2BEE-D942-4873-A783-B06BEEAFA73B.jpeg
2A3C2FF6-74F9-4FD5-90DE-BC638ADF5FA7.jpeg

Thx Apache!

PlaidDragon

Flush
Reaction score
What sold me on these was the unique shapes on the inlay designs. They serve as my travel set for cash games and will actually get some use in that regard on the 19th. :D

ttt

High Hand
Reaction score
I noticed recently that the 25c chips are out of stock, and have read rumors about the GPI promo chip line disappearing.

Will the chips that are out of stock ever come back in stock?

Last edited:

cakesg

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they will be coming back instock? Or is there anywhere else I could get them from

ttt

High Hand
Reaction score
The Monaco 25c are back in stock! Get 'em while you can. For some reason the yellow chips shuffle smoother than the other colors, so I'm getting some shuffle stacks while I can.

cakesg

Reaction score
The Monaco 25c are back in stock! Get 'em while you can. For some reason the yellow chips shuffle smoother than the other colors, so I'm getting some shuffle stacks while I can.
I really wish the 50 cents would come back

Hammer517

High Hand
Reaction score
Is there any updates on this line? Website looks like they're out of stock. Are they discontinued? Having trouble even getting samples from the website.

SteveHNo96

Flush
Reaction score
Is there any updates on this line? Website looks like they're out of stock. Are they discontinued? Having trouble even getting samples from the website.

GPI I think only ran two batches of chips and the second one ran around March 2019.

Apache no longer carries them. It's a shame because even though they are a bit on the light side, they are respectable chips.

Hammer517

High Hand
Reaction score
GPI I think only ran two batches of chips and the second one ran around March 2019.

Apache no longer carries them. It's a shame because even though they are a bit on the light side, they are respectable chips.
Thanks. I double checked with them, and they also confirmed they are discontinued with no plans to bring back...

Chippychips

High Hand
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for Monaco chips for a couple months. I know they are discontinued and not coming back but every time I see this thread in recent posts I get excited that Apache is selling them again.

Top Bottom