Monaco Poker Chips On Sale Now (2 Viewers)

Ugh...

I want a pure cash set for one table (300-400 chips) but can't decide between these Monacos or Apache's CC Dunes... the latter being less than half the cost. Denoms would be 25¢, $1, $5, and either $10 or $20 for rebuys/addons depending on the set.

I like the Dunes colors a bit better but the Monaco Paulsons just feel a lot nicer, and I like the differing shapes of the "inlays". I understand fully the potential issues with CC's.

I think I know what the consensus here will be... I'm just thinking out loud and inviting comments from the gallery. ;)

(yes, I have samples)

I owned a 1,000 PC set of the Dunes and enjoyed them during that time. Having said that I would buy Monaco and its not even close.

After playing with them for a year, you will have forgotten all about the cost, and will have enjoyed playing with the Monaco chips more. After a year with the Dunes, you'll wish you'd gotten real clays. My 2c.

That is one of the reasons why I wouldn't pull the trigger on something solely based on cost.

Specifically, is the cost of the Dunes TRULY cheaper given I'll take a loss on them at resale and buy something nicer in their stead? Probably not.

I think the Monacos will be the winner today.

Last edited:
And here they are. Cash/Travel set for either 0.25/0.50 or 0.50/$1.

A9AF2BEE-D942-4873-A783-B06BEEAFA73B.jpeg
2A3C2FF6-74F9-4FD5-90DE-BC638ADF5FA7.jpeg

Thx Apache!

The inlay pattern is just a circle?

Will there be a early bird price?

Perhaps 100 for me.

What sold me on these was the unique shapes on the inlay designs. They serve as my travel set for cash games and will actually get some use in that regard on the 19th. :D

I noticed recently that the 25c chips are out of stock, and have read rumors about the GPI promo chip line disappearing.

Will the chips that are out of stock ever come back in stock?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they will be coming back instock? Or is there anywhere else I could get them from

The Monaco 25c are back in stock! Get 'em while you can. For some reason the yellow chips shuffle smoother than the other colors, so I'm getting some shuffle stacks while I can.

The Monaco 25c are back in stock! Get 'em while you can. For some reason the yellow chips shuffle smoother than the other colors, so I'm getting some shuffle stacks while I can.
I really wish the 50 cents would come back

Is there any updates on this line? Website looks like they're out of stock. Are they discontinued? Having trouble even getting samples from the website.

Is there any updates on this line? Website looks like they're out of stock. Are they discontinued? Having trouble even getting samples from the website.

GPI I think only ran two batches of chips and the second one ran around March 2019.

Apache no longer carries them. It's a shame because even though they are a bit on the light side, they are respectable chips.

GPI I think only ran two batches of chips and the second one ran around March 2019.

Apache no longer carries them. It's a shame because even though they are a bit on the light side, they are respectable chips.
Thanks. I double checked with them, and they also confirmed they are discontinued with no plans to bring back...

I’ve been looking for Monaco chips for a couple months. I know they are discontinued and not coming back but every time I see this thread in recent posts I get excited that Apache is selling them again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom