MN Legalizes Delta9 Cannabis Edibles, Accidentally? (1 Viewer)

inca911

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
A new Minnesota law went into effect 01July, legalizing edibles containing small amounts of THC. The law permits the sale of edibles and beverages containing up to 5 milligrams of hemp-derived THC per serving. THC derived from hemp is chemically the same as THC derived from marijuana, it's just nomenclature.

"The law does not provide for a tax on the THC edibles, the Minnesota Reformer reported, so Minnesota will not see the enormous financial benefit that other states have reaped. The state of Illinois reports that more than $2 billion in cannabis products have been sold since recreational marijuana was legalized." Any store can now sell edibles, as they are apparently regulated under food laws.

"State Sen. Jim Abeler, a Republican from a Minneapolis suburb, told the newspaper that he hadn’t realized the bill broadly legalized products containing THC. He said he thought it had permitted only delta-8 THC, which provides milder effects, though it also legalized the sale of delta-9 THC, which causes stronger feelings more commonly associated with a high from cannabis products. Abeler did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/n...any-store-can-sell-them-and-does-not-tax-them
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/07/03/minnesota-republicans-edibles-thc-accident/

My 05Aug game is now officially 420-friendly. MN peeps, drop me a note to lock up a seat!

5mg of THC is not very significant to anyone but those who are completely nieve to its use. In Canada edibles are often 200-1000mg. I wouldn't worry to much.
Mind your dosage folks. Unless you have a high tolerance you'll feel 5mg of THC. Edibles in the 200-1000mg range are either medicinal strength (think palliative care) or meant to be broken into pieces (think caramilk bar) I'm 220lbs and smoked a lot in highschool. These days I'll take 5-10mg and feel pretty groovy. Anything above 20mg and I'm glued to the couch

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom