Mixing fixed limit and pot limit 08

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I'm plying mixed O8 on pokerstars with @Moxie Mike 's crew. It's a format I've never heard of - always O8, but alternating orbits of fixed limit and pot limit. These guys are acting like that's a normal thing to do.
I've never noticed anything like this spread anywhere live - is it? It is common on pokerstars or other elsewhere online?
Do people like this? I haven't decided yet, but I can't see any reason to.

Moxie Mike

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm plying mixed O8 on pokerstars with @Moxie Mike 's crew. It's a format I've never heard of - always O8, but alternating orbits of fixed limit and pot limit. These guys are acting like that's a normal thing to do.
I've never noticed anything like this spread anywhere live - is it? It is common on pokerstars or other elsewhere online?
Do people like this? I haven't decided yet, but I can't see any reason to.

Mixed format games are more common in bigger events... for example the WSOP has one this year: https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

You don't see a lot of it at lower stakes though. It was just something different to try. Due to the small turnout it's probably not something we'll do again.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have run a few mixed game tournaments on pstars (both hold'em and omaha8), and there was the expected mix of reactions from players -- some like it; others didn't. Mixed Omaha8 seemed more popular of the two.

I used to deal at a cash game that offered mixed O8 regularly.

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
It was fine early on, once I figured out what was going on.
But then later on, when we were three handed, and I was trying to double screen with the other O8 game, I just couldn't give it the attention it required. So I didnt enjoy it, but it was entirely my fault.
It's fine, but I think it's kind of goofy. Like, I'm good with playing it, but I'd feel silly asking other people to play it.

trigs

Flush
Reaction score
Recently played it on pstars with a group of us that have started playing online regularly during the quarantine. I really enjoyed it but I do really like O8 as well.

Top Bottom