Mixing Cash Game Chips with Tournament Chips (1 Viewer)

hchiu87

Waiting List
Reaction score
How serious would you have to be to start separating your cash game chips with your tournament chips?

I see a lot of people on here have separate chips for Cash and Tournament?

Right now I'm beginning on the start of my journey from plastic Amazon chips to decent cash game chips. Just wondering if I should be considering tournament denominations when I make my purchase with my cash chips? Or should I have chips for Cash and Tournament separately so in the future I don't have to buy more?

Do I have the wrong end of the stick and are people buying more tournament chips because they cant help themselves? haha

Thanks,

:)

Most of us (myself included) use completely separate chips for cash and tournaments because we will do both on the same night, and we don't want a tournament chip getting into the cash game and having someone trying to cash that tournament chip out.

Cash

Tournament

Having separate cash and tournament chips is a security measure, helping to keep your game honest.

Another simple thing to keep in mind is that cash chips should have a currency symbol to go along with the number. Tournament chips have no cash value, so they get no symbol.

Aside from it just being nice to have distinct sets and more chips, the main benefit is game security.

That being said, I use the same cash chips for both and so far have not had an issue with my tight-knit circle or friends and their friends.

my group only had a tourney set to begin with, then used it for cash, but yeah, would be better to have a cash and tourney set

my group only had a tourney set to begin with, then used it for cash, but yeah, would be better to have at least three cash and at least five tourney sets

1646233165343.png

I play with the same 8-10 guys 90% of the time and would have no worries about playing with the same chips in both tourneys and cash. But it gives you an excuse to buy more chips if you seperate the two!

On rare occasion I play with semi-random people and if we play both cash and tourney on the same night I make sure to use different chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom