Mixed THC help (2 Viewers)

20200904_232828.jpg

Here's an option with a solid frac!

I am normally not one to fixate on spot progression, but this seems like the spots progress but then go backward for the $20. Feels imbalanced to me.

Edit: also green spot on the $5 looks like the same green spot as the $20. God, I need chill. I'm sorry.

I am normally not one to fixate on spot progression, but this seems like the spots progress but then go backward for the $20. Feels imbalanced to me.

Edit: also green spot on the $5 looks like the same green spot as the $20. God, I need chill. I'm sorry.
I agree. The spot does go backwards with the $20 chip. The PDC would make a sick $100 though. Maybe just keep looking on black chip options for the $20 chip.

For the record I think green works great. I really really like the HP $20 and the idea of using a $20. Green $25 gives me the easy route of black $100 though

Here's some trials
20200904_233407.jpg
20200904_233440.jpg
20200904_233501.jpg
20200904_233543.jpg

20200904_233124.jpg

Look at that HP, Palais, Outpost combo!

HP 20 looks great and that white PDC is a sweet 100 next to it. I would run that set in a heartbeat. I only recommend a green 25 and a black 100 because there are some excellent options with great spot progression. Would take your very awesome set to a great one. Again, just my personal tastes though. Do what you love most :tup:

Edit: I bet if you tried a day green $25 you’d love it more than the HP 20 route too actually.

I agree with what you all are saying on the spots, it kinda bothers me too. I was really waiting to see how the 100 and 500 worked out first. I do think I'm going to have to compromise somewhere though and it may end up being in some of the spots

I think I will look for some other 25/20 options that may end up making the 100 and 500 more apparent or easier. It's not like I'm getting any quantity of Palais 50s anytime soon anyways Haha

Do any of the older leaded shaped inlay sets have 500s?

I'm always down to try day green!

Oh last thing for tonight, if I'm going to stick with a 4 or 4d spot on the 20/25 do I stick with more complex 4 spot combos on the 100/500 or would doing 3d for both work. I know it's hard to picture but for example do you all think spots like the AS $2 would work or stick to something different?

Never imagined I'd be asking such a complicated question about chips! I've definitely been sucked in now

Like on the Eddie's it's nice but I cant picture that fitting at all like the casablanca just looked so out of place

Are you committed to 4d on the $25?

Not yet, I believe the HP is 3d right? I dont know all the spot numbers yet but I was going to look for some 4 spot combo to try in place of the HP but I'll try anything

Not yet, I believe the HP is 3d right? I dont know all the spot numbers yet but I was going to look for some 4 spot combo to try in place of the HP but I'll try anything
What about Aztar $25 and then a shaped bear claw black $100

The AS $2 wasnt intended for this set. I just put them in there for research Haha I'll relabel those for something else. Casablancas were kinda for this set, I didn't think they would work but wanted to see how the color looked with the others.

I dont imagine my games will ever use 100 or 500 chips but I want to at least have my set go there.

Yes this is definitely fun for me I'm really enjoying trying to put this set together because I feel like I will really appreciate it more, knowing how much effort went into finding the right lineup.

There are lots of minor issues to consider. That's half the fun, right. But personally, I'd send back those Aurora Star $2s, but because every other chips you've lined up has been full of lead. Why mix in one that isn't?
Licking chips at the table intimidates your opponents

What about Aztar $25 and then a shaped bear claw black $100

I had to look it up and also looked up the PCA secondary $25 and I think the PCA may be what I try next.

I like bearclaws but after seeing the casablanca I dont think I will like it in this set. It seems to me that your higher denom chips are where you can get a little crazier in your spots but I'm not sold on that direction yet

The black King 100 is amazing. That said, I like the black HP 20 - I think it's an interesting and unusual choice, but you'll have to find a really good, not-black 100 to go with it.

20200908_220051.jpg

While waiting for some more options to show up for my mixed set I came across some Lakeshore 1s and really wanted to see how the look with the error fracs. I only have 1 barrel of Lakeshores and doubt I'll ever find anymore but wanted to try this nonetheless.

What's the verdict

So close!!

Here's my current lineup, I have all of these chips in playable quantity, minus the 500s, just not sure I'm satisfied yet.

20200926_001007.jpg

Here is why I'm not quite satisfied with what I have. I think this lineup takes it to the next level. I have a barrel of the Horseshoe Clubs and I'm trying my hardest to get the Kings.

20200926_001046.jpg

My only concern with the second lineup is the edge spots on the horseshoe and king being too similar. I need to check again in person to see if they're identical. My goal is to go with the day green Kings if I can find them and I'm perfectly fine to stay with the cajun cups. There are some really nice red 5s out there but not sure I'm ready to tackle hunting them until I get the Kings.

I'm also considering adding a quarter to the lineup. All i have right now are solid white but considering other colors. I'm also still hunting Harold's Club 500s to use but have found more Del Webb's so far, and I like both in the lineup.

20200926_002148.jpg

Oh and I was super pumped to find the maritime 100s with red denomination inlay shape that doesnt clash with anything else and 4 combo edge spots. They're exactly what I was looking for. This still allows me to use a chip with the pdc 50 inlay shape without doubling up anywhere.

Thoughts or suggestions? Or know where any of the chips I'm after are? Haha

Horseshoe and non-baccarat King are a no go for me. Way too similar. Also not to be a Debbie downer but the Horseshoes might be harder to find than PdC. They just don’t exist outside of one set.

I agree, the more I sit here and look at it the horseshoe just doesnt fit. Aside from the spots being too similar to the king, I dont like the big bold 5 between the 1 on the scandia and 25 on the King. The cajun cup breaks up the similarities between the scandia and king inlays and helps the maritime fit with the set better.

I wish the 100 type wasnt quite so big but I'm more than willing to accept it because the inlay shape and spots are what I wanted.

I expected more variance in the 100 and 500 but I'm really happy with what I'm using there if i can eventually replace the Del Webbs with the Harold's. I forgot the DW is same shape as the cajun so that will make them temporary or secondary lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom