Mixed THC help (1 Viewer)

razer8c

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a mixed set and cant decide what to do for the $1

I really like the paris $1 so I figured I would try it. I only have 20 pyramids and 40 Paris so those are really the only two I would consider changing. The plan was to turn the pyramids into fracs.

The HPs aren't here yet
20200812_202800.jpg
DDC58865-3D2F-429F-AB30-42C45D56060B.jpeg

Photo credit @justincarothers

Sell the Pyramids and get CDI '98 $25's if you want all of the green chips to match. They're much more abundant (and cheaper) than the Pyramids and have the same exact spot pattern and colors.

Ultimately do what makes you happy. The Paris $1's are a nice choice for the $1 chips :)

I have the green .50s on the way to me now, I would love to be able to get the ones for this set but cant do 6+ a chip right now.

The .50s are going with BTP 1s and sb.25s as 5s

While we're at it I can show these too. Day green solids are being replaced by coke giraffe .50s, SBs will be relabeled as SB 5s and empress will be relabeled as empress $20. I was worried about the empress not fitting in but now that they're here I love them!
20200812_204808.jpg

While we're at it I can show these too. Day green solids are being replaced by coke giraffe .50s, SBs will be relabeled as SB 5s and empress will be relabeled as empress $20. I was worried about the empress not fitting in but now that they're here I love them!
View attachment 509630
Just curious why you wouldn’t mill and label those solids as SB fracs for a fraction of the cost?

That was my plan not necessarily label them as SBs but to mill and label them. Just thought the giraffes were cool and liked them better than the things I was coming up with

SBs will be relabeled as SB 5s and empress will be relabeled as empress $20.
Do what you want, obviously. But usually when people put together mixed sets, they're putting together chips as they are. Usually when people relabel chips, they're either relabeling everything to semi-customs, or they're reabeling one denom to match the others. Your plan seems a little crazy to me.

View attachment 509630
My only bone of contention is possible dirty stacks with the BTP $1's and SB quarters.

Do what you want, obviously. But usually when people put together mixed sets, they're putting together chips as they are. Usually when people relabel chips, they're either relabeling everything to semi-customs, or they're reabeling one denom to match the others. Your plan seems a little crazy to me.
I guess I'm just doing it a little different. This is just the way they appeal to me the most.

My only bone of contention is possible dirty stacks with the BTP $1's and SB quarters.
20200813_140141.jpg

I'm okay with this, I think it'll work for me for now. It is a lot of white and the blues are pretty close but I'm at least going to roll with them for now

View attachment 510155
I'm okay with this, I think it'll work for me for now. It is a lot of white and the blues are pretty close but I'm at least going to roll with them for now

My 0.02 I would not do this. Its too much Day Blue and White together. Take your time as there are plenty of chips and you could likely trade easily for what you have there.

My 0.02 I would not do this. Its too much Day Blue and White together. Take your time as there are plenty of chips and you could likely trade easily for what you have there.
I've been thinking about that, if I did change it it would be the SBs that got traded but I haven't found anything I like better there yet

View attachment 510166
I think I would like to do something different here for the frac(pyramid) and get away from doubling up on the 4D14?? Spot pattern. I like the idea of not using something bright, any suggestions?

Why not relabel the pyramids as $1s then find a 3d14 chip as a frac? Of course a solid frac works too

Why not relabel the pyramids as $1s then find a 3d14 chip as a frac? Of course a solid frac works too

Can a shaped inlay like that be removed and replaced or is the only option to mill it out and go to round?

I would not lightly embark on a shaped inlay removal with the hope of preserving the shaped recess. The task just might prove Herculean. In a very carefully detailed sort of way.

Doesn't look like I will have to, I acquired some outpost error fracs that I think will work really well! I think the pyramids look great but gonna give these a shot before I get more pyramids

The more I look at the BTP set the more inclined I become to replace the BTPs with something different but I have no idea what. Any suggestions? They're awesome chips but I'm not sold on them here anymore I have scandia 1s coming but dont know that they'll work either but I'll try them with both sets

I think I love it
20200818_230023.jpg

I think the Scandia 1s are my new favorite chip!
I also thought I might prefer the pyramids over the outposts but now that they're here I think they look pretty good. I could always still just use the pyramids as $25 instead of .25 and then I could ease up on my search for them.

What do you all think of this lineup?

Love the scandias. Took me a while to find mine before I sold them and they look great here.

I don’t love the frac in this line up though. All the chips have 14 spots and going from 3d14 to 414 to 4d14 looks strange to me. Look for a 214 chip or even a solid chip maybe.

Love the scandias. Took me a while to find mine before I sold them and they look great here.

I don’t love the frac in this line up though. All the chips have 14 spots and going from 3d14 to 414 to 4d14 looks strange to me. Look for a 214 chip or even a solid chip maybe.
Agreed all around. Love the lineup tho 1-20

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom