Mixed Games - Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Mojo1312

Full House
Reaction score
The host of a local twice a week cash game that I attend is moving out of State. I have hosted before, and am likely going to pick up the torch. We play:

7 card stud
NL Omaha
NL Hold-em
Crazy Pineapple

I plan on limiting our Thursday night game to NLHE and Omaha-Hi. I would like to add Razz, PLO Hi-Lo and Drama-ha to the above line-up for our Sunday game.

Any other suggestions?

SOHE is out. I have tried to introduce this game twice over the last two or three months, but the players don't like the split pots and time it takes to play a hand. (Probably partly due to the extra number of calculations you need to make.)

I am thinking that I may run into the same problem with PLO Hi-Lo. For those experienced, what tips do you have for running a round of Omaha Hi-Lo smoothly?

Thanks

If your crew dislikes time-consuming split pot games, they will absolutely hate dramaha.

If your crew dislikes time-consuming split pot games, they will absolutely hate dramaha.

Valid point, which has also crossed my mind. The have opposed playing PLO8 for the same reason. A couple of the players don't like stud or Crazy Pineapple. The first is dull, doesn't supply enough action, and takes too long to play. The later is like bingo to them.

My thought process is to offer the two popular games on Thursday, and offer a larger variety of games from what we are playing now on Sunday. The fussy players will likely not attend, which may leave us with six, but that should be adequate.

My plan is to host a tournament on Sunday's if the mixed games don't take off. I will revert back to offering the traditional line-up of games on Thursday's if this happens.

what tips do you have for running a round of Omaha Hi-Lo smoothly?

Keep the pot neat and divided. That will help in distributing two pots quickly, but also in calculating the amount in the pot (for PL games).

FWIW, expanding on what @BGinGA said, there is *always* a split pot in Draw-maha. In O8, there is only a low pot if there is a qualifier.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom