Mixed Game Dice now in the store!

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a long time in development, but it's finally complete. I made a youtube video to explain it better (sorry it's kind of long):

And some pictures:

Check it out in the store:
https://3d3p.square.site/shop/mixed-game-dice/8

Let me know if you have questions/comments about how it works or have any problems with ordering it in the store.

Kain8

Flush
Reaction score
tenor.gif

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to post this up sooner, but that dang youtube video wasted like an extra hour of my time. There are a couple loud snaps when I put the inserts in, and youtube kept normalizing the audio off those peaks which made it almost impossible to hear my talking (and I'm not a loud talker to begin with, so that doesn't help). So I used VLC to pull out the audio tracks, opened them in Audacity, manually squished all the snap sounds, normalized the whole thing, put the video in Lightworks, stripped out the original audio tracks, replaced them with the modified audio, uploaded it to youtube, and it finally was audible!! Whew. Friggin youtube.

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
It's been a long time in development, but it's finally complete. I made a youtube video to explain it better (sorry it's kind of long):

And some pictures:

Check it out in the store:
https://3d3p.square.site/shop/mixed-game-dice/8

Let me know if you have questions/comments about how it works or have any problems with ordering it in the store.
:eek:

If @One Eyed Dollar and @abby99 had a baby, this die would be amazing!

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
So its $3 for the core + 6 tiles? And each additional tile is $0.75? Am I reading that right?

Also, I do not see BOMB POT as an option... (I mean other than custom)

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So its $3 for the core + 6 tiles? And each additional tile is $0.75? Am I reading that right?

Also, I do not see BOMB POT as an option... (I mean other than custom)
Sorry, the $3 is just for the core, no tiles included. Tiles are sold separately. Prices and participation may vary.

Bomb Pot is not in the list, but you can do it with Custom Text.

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, I'm going to share the files for these too (as well as the 71mm racks in the store). Tommy changed the allowable attachments, so I can't post .zip files to the forum anymore. I will probably end up putting them on my Google Drive instead when I get a chance.

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Sorry, the $3 is just for the core, no tiles included. Tiles are sold separately.
You should change your website then to be more clear...maybe add "(tiles sold separately)"... Sounds like the core includes six faces...

Each MGD consists of a "core" and six "inserts" for the faces of the die.

So a usable die is $3 + (6 x $0.75) = $7.50?

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I would be taking a lot of breaks at your place lol. A fucking lot!
This is bullshit. In HOPE, @detroitdad starts lobbying about three hands before the 'H' round starts, and he continues to the beginning of the 'O' round. He starts by asking if anyone wants to skip H, then he asks for a third card to play Pineapple... Then his lobbying progresses to asking is anyone wants to go to Omaha, then he finishes his lobbying by asking if anyone want to play 5-card, double board Omaha.

Last edited:

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might think sometimes, "Man, it takes forever for Ben to model new stuff!" And this is true. I have a full-time job and a family too. I also tend to get obsessed over little details, and I've always been a bit of a perfectionist. Here are most of my test prints for the die (I already threw some away) to get the design, fitment of the pieces, and print settings just right.

IMG_20200625_213327434.jpg

My sister gave me a book one time about the business side of Lego, and it mentioned that they went through I think 99 prototypes for that Lego game die. At the time I thought that was crazy high. Now I'm impressed with their efficiency. :LOL: :laugh:

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stole the idea of the notches on the sides from Dice Forge, but I've never played it. I never saw Rattlebones before.

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could I send a .eps logo for a custom insert?
I had to look up what kind of file that is, so that probably tells you I'm not much of a graphic designer. :)

Can you save it as a .svg file? I can work with that file type with Tinkercad.

Even with a 0.4mm nozzle size, I can't do really fine detail, but I can take a look and give it a shot.

Edit: feel free to email it to 3dprintedpoker at gmail.

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
My sister gave me a book one time about the business side of Lego, and it mentioned that they went through I think 99 prototypes for that Lego game die. At the time I thought that was crazy high. Now I'm impressed with their efficiency. :LOL: :laugh:

Quoting this little gem, in case anyone else missed it.

markleteenie

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the video and saw the weighted one! That's very cool.

For one group that usually likes to play hold'em, I was thinking of maybe putting 3-4 tiles as hold em and then 1-2 tiles of another game, so that the odds favor NLH, but there's the possibility of another game. Ease the group into more degen games.

Great job Ben!

Top Bottom