Mirage Tribute Cash - THC solids (1 Viewer)

Ok -so after many, many relabel attempts on RHC, I decided to attempt a set that would hold my interest and not send me off the deep end always looking for an upgrade.
My biggest weakness with mixed sets is making up my mind...@Gear can attest to this (I've never sent in an order that I didn't try to change at least once.) I've bought and sold thousands of RHCs looking for the perfect combination on spots, colors, etc...and I just cannot ever finish the set. SO I sold off all my RHCs and all the labels.

I thought that a solid set would be easier for my crazy brain to process and complete. I was mostly right. Still changed my labels order several times. But at least I've been less wishy-washy with color selection. Simplifying things by removing spots from the equation seemed to help quite a bit.

Ended up going with a Mirage tribute design that I first worked on with Gear in February 2017. Love the Mirage's logo, and wanting something similar as a tribute. Plus I thought the black label with multicolor trees would set off the colors of the solids.

Received the labels on Friday, and started milling. Took a while to get the depth stop on my drill to work properly, so the recess on the $100s and some of the $20s are a bit deep. After I figured that out, it was smooth sailing...until the quill spring on the drill snapped with 21 chips to go. So we are not quite complete yet.

Thanks goes out to:
@Josh Kifer for some chips and some advice, @Saoliver for the dealer button (you rock!), @Gear for the patience and the always perfect product/service, @ReallyGoodUsername for proper ID of the Definitely Not Blaze Orange chips (so I could afford them), and my wife for applying the lion's share of the labels and enforcing quality control!

I still need to do a few things to complete this:
1. The blues are very thirsty and need some oil.
2. The oranges need some individual attention with the Magic Eraser and some oil.
3. I need to fix the drill press and murder 21 more orange chips.

Photos:
View attachment 727705View attachment 727706View attachment 727707View attachment 727708View attachment 727709View attachment 727710View attachment 727711
Absolutely gorgeous. I’m a new guy here, at the moment designing a custom label for some Royal chips, but this…this is the shit. Would you be willing to share the label artwork? 20 yrs ago when my wife and I were dating we took a trip to Vegas, and stayed up all night playing at the Mirage. That was when I knew she was the one for me- I gotta build a mirage tribute cash set.

Absolutely gorgeous. I’m a new guy here, at the moment designing a custom label for some Royal chips, but this…this is the shit. Would you be willing to share the label artwork? 20 yrs ago when my wife and I were dating we took a trip to Vegas, and stayed up all night playing at the Mirage. That was when I knew she was the one for me- I gotta build a mirage tribute cash set.
Thanks for the compliment!
The artwork certainly isn't mine.
Just buy your labels from @Gear labels, he has the design on file, and he can hook you up with some great labels!
Enjoy.

Thanks for the compliment!
The artwork certainly isn't mine.
Just buy your labels from @Gear labels, he has the design on file, and he can hook you up with some great labels!
Enjoy.
And if you need a button made for your set afterwards, I know a guy! ;)
20211106_191559.jpg
20211106_191722.jpg
20211106_191710.jpg

Hate to bump an old thread, but these labels are absolute fire. Have been debating a black label with neon colors myself, and this label is so simple, yet elegant and refined.

Hate to bump an old thread, but these labels are absolute fire. Have been debating a black label with neon colors myself, and this label is so simple, yet elegant and refined.

Having had the honor of playing this set, you are absolutely correct, FIRE!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom