MinneMania - Sept 23-27, 2020 - Minnesota

Joe Harris

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hereby declare that anyone hosting a meetup MUST invite Rufus!!
A sensible protocol. "Always bet on black" -- Rufus

Thanks to all that I had a chance to speak to or play cards
It was great to meet you Jeff! Hope to see you at another meetup sometime. Wish we could have got more table time, but I had to leave the limit game while I still had a few barrels left ;)

Post Meetup Sadness Disorder.
You're not kidding. I'm also experiencing bouts of "Geez, I guess I'll take another nap today" and "How do I do my job again?"
I'm not sure you'd call either a disorder. Maybe a syndrome. Or a symptom…

inca911

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ship.jpg

Josh Kifer

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those who know me, know I am a man of few words.

So here is my post meetup write-up.

Less than three weeks ago, I was scheduled for robotic sigmoid colon resection. There were some complications and they had to open me up. I had my first post-op appointment on the Monday before the event and they removed the staples. Doc said I was cleared for activity. I said, poker and beer? He said, sure, just don't lift more than 20oz at a time. So the flight was booked Tuesday morning for a Friday arrival.

2020 hasn't been my year, Covid ran through my household in early August, colon surgery in September, and 5 kids at home since MARCH. My own canceled meetup. I needed to get away. Thankfully, @inca911 was kind enough to squeeze me in. And boy oh boy what a fun time it was.

It was great seeing old friends, great meeting new friends, and, as always, apologies to those who think I'm too much. I love this forum. I love the people in it. And I love the joy that meetups bring to my life. I won't tag specific people, because I always miss someone, but know that every single one of you has an open invite to the Windy Crest Poker Room in Dallas, should you find yourself there. First round is on me.
.... That's way too many words....

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Still very bummed that I had to miss the event but I really am very happy the pirates got to see some play. However they have been missed, also happy they’ve started their journey towards the sunrise to rejoin the fleet. Ahoy!
I hope someday you hear the tales of how Mark pillaged the Pieces of Eight from the unsuspecting landlubbers...

HaRDHouSeiNC

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The North Dakota contingency is still planing on coming. I'll let @Vince Bustillo chime in his situation but otherwise that is our intent. If that changes or you decide to cancel the event. Please by all means let's post here.

My Best Jeff

@Justin Olson

Thanks
small world. Grew up in Williston ND. Now I live 3 hours from Japan :p

Top Bottom