mini split heating systems (1 Viewer)

Lars

Flush
Reaction score
I bought a cheap mini split system for my cardroom years ago and it freezes up in the winter and can't keep up in the summer. Does anyone have experience with the new units that can heat even when the outside temp in single digits or even below zero?
I am considering a Mitsubishi hyper heat unit and would love to hear about other experiences with any unit.

Yes no doubt.
I think I am going with a swamp cooler and a propane wall unit.

I have a Fujitsu 18K, as do most of my friends. Installed by an elite dealer, it comes with either 10 or 12 years warranty. (I forget which).

Awesome AC in summer. Heats great in winter. I live in northern NB where we get crazy amounts of snow. Some snow storms I have to dig out the unit after. But during the storm it never freezes or stops.

This pic is the stairs going down off my deck. To the left is the unit installed about 2 ft off the ground on a stand. It's surrounded and under snow.

Sure it's 4K with tax and install.
But my 1 friend with a generic is clearly not as satisfied as the rest of us. Also my utility bill compares all nearby households, and we are always the best, using least amount of electricity.

We have 28 year old windows and doors and can feel a breeze sometimes through the cracks lol.
So our energy savings are 100% attributed to this and in no way the insulation of the house.

My bill is cheapest of everyone I know as well.

Does anyone else have the Fujitsu here?

Attachments

• 20190225_165246.jpg
    20190225_165246.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 57
I have a Fujitsu 18K, as do most of my friends. Installed by an elite dealer, it comes with either 10 or 12 years warranty. (I forget which).

Awesome AC in summer. Heats great in winter. I live in northern NB where we get crazy amounts of snow. Some snow storms I have to dig out the unit after. But during the storm it never freezes or stops.

This pic is the stairs going down off my deck. To the left is the unit installed about 2 ft off the ground on a stand. It's surrounded and under snow.

Sure it's 4K with tax and install.
But my 1 friend with a generic is clearly not as satisfied as the rest of us. Also my utility bill compares all nearby households, and we are always the best, using least amount of electricity.

We have 28 year old windows and doors and can feel a breeze sometimes through the cracks lol.
So our energy savings are 100% attributed to this and in no way the insulation of the house.

My bill is cheapest of everyone I know as well.

Does anyone else have the Fujitsu here?

That is awesome! Does it heat well when below freezing? How large of a space is it heating?

How about putting in a wood stove? Is that an option? And it would be badass.

How about putting in a wood stove? Is that an option? And it would be badass.

That would be badass. I have plenty of wood between the smokers and some tree trimming that I occasionally do with my bucket truck. My main reason not to is loosing space inside as I have just about the whole room utilized.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom