Mineral oil vs. baby oil (1 Viewer)

1A25R

Flush
Reaction score
Shades difference
Left mineral oil (natural & translucid)
Right baby oil (Nivea caring oil 0% alcohol and 0% colorant)

Chips : Elite
Technique : "Compression oiling" ®
3 weeks afert the oiling :

Last edited:
Has one of the chips been oiled previously? I have noticed different shades recently where some of the chips had been oiled years ago.

Both batches compression oiled with mineral oil. Had to oil the new batch a second time to end up with the same shades.

And what do you mean by "natural oil"? Sounds like some kind of vegetable oil, which would be a bad idea.

Yeah I have always used baby oil but I’m open to using adult oil.

What’s the exact product you used?

which color do you prefere? do you have an unoiled chip to compare?
I prefer left one, the darker color. I do not have an non oiled, unfortunately.
A non oiled will be slightly light and dull

Has one of the chips been oiled previously? [...]
And what do you mean by "natural oil"? Sounds like some kind of vegetable oil, which would be a bad idea.

• None have bee oiled previously
  • Bay natural oil I meant mineral, (Vaseline oil, mineral oil or paraffin oil)
  • Never use vegetable oil , it spoils.

- Left: I've used Vaseline oil (a mineral oil) no brand, I get it from my local drug store, they made it themselves. But you can have it at your drug store under the name of vaseline oil, mineral oil or paraffin oil

- Right: Nivea Baby Caring Oil Hypoallergenic

What’s the exact product you used?

Use mineral oil. Can be found at Walgreens and marketed as a laxative. One bottle should Last a lifetime of chipping.

Never liked the idea of baby oil, as the scents would bug me, and I’m not convinced there aren’t other additives for skin etc. my wife keeps baby oil in the house and it appears way thinner a liquid IMHO. Mineral oil is pure/clinical and additive free. And it’s cheap. A lifetime supply bottle is a few bucks.

Unsure of what is available on the continent but use the stuff meant for medicinal purposes as a laxative (unscented and no additives).

View attachment 252846

That bottle will probably last me the rest of my life (for chipping that is).
And if you ever get super constipated you can take a swig and get to pooping.

My mind just immediately thinks that everyone at my game will need to take a deuce. My toilets aren’t made for that many asses! Lol!

My mind just immediately thinks that everyone at my game will need to take a deuce. My toilets aren’t made for that many asses! Lol!

Perhaps at the start of the game...tell them not to lick the chips? (Or humans being humans maybe telling them to lick the chips might deter it better )

Does oiling in general take anything away from the sound and feel? Still in the learning phases of chips!

Baby oil is mineral oil. Usually it's just scented. Read the label.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom