Milling Paulson Fun Nites? (1 Viewer)

gmansbu

Pair
Reaction score
I’m a fairly new chipper - 2 months of membership here. I love the group and I can’t stop buying chips. Lol. I host a cash game once a week and I use the chips at my game.

My first set of Paulson’s was a large fun nites set. I was cheap and at $1 per chip it fit the bill. I have $1s, $5s, $25s, and $100s. I love that they’re leaded, but I’m starting to find the solid colors and simplicity boring. I’m considering buying the equipment to mill the chips myself and then do some kind of custom label.

Am I crazy? Am I better off selling the chips and getting something different instead?

I have other sets so this isn’t my only. I have the itch for something custom and thought these fun nites might be a good starting point.

Any feedback from the veterans is appreciated.

I don't think milling is worth the mill/label effort. You don't really like them because of solid colors. Adding labels doesn't really solve that issue. So you will have taken the time to mill the chip and bought labels for something that probably won't make you happy long term since they will still basically just be solid with a sticker now.

So I'd sell them and put/work towards something custom/semi-custom that you like more. Solid stacks aren't for everyone.

Love solids - you just have to get the right colors. Here is one of my sets:

5089F79C-263F-429D-B9E8-796E6741AF56.jpeg
C6E52503-08FF-42A8-90B5-D2B430B5E78E.jpeg

You could always try trading for other solids/starbursts, but there are a lot of Fun Nites out there in the colors you have, and the hot-stamp itself is nothing glamorous. Nail the inlay and you'll breathe new life into your solids.

There were Fun Nite Snappers:
L5hEn9B.jpg

I was hoping to get lucky and find an existing label I could use/print. Something like the flamingo etc that would look nice with solids. Not sure what the rules are of using existing labels.

All I will say is once you murder a chip, it can never be restored to original value. It's gone. We all value chips differently. But we are creating endangered chipcies . The worst offense is killing a chip, then deciding you don't want it, and then you sell it. If people would keep their kills, it would not be so offensive imo

i used fun nites for my 5s, 1s and 100’s in my lone star set it’s a great option if you decide to go with it- I have no regrets!

No chance of me putting a label right over the hot stamp without milling?
Sadly, the result is less than satisfactory. The little ridges and depressions created by the hotstamp process will telegraph right through the label. It needs a very smooth, flat surface.

I agree with @ovo that once they’re milled, they’re changed forever, and all these untouched solids are closer to being a dying breed. I did mill some for fracs for my HSI set, and they are forever chips. I couldn’t be happier but if you’re on the fence, maybe choosing a different option would be best.
863ECB5D-6A94-437D-A3ED-40E02CB50C97.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ovo
Are the older fun nites all that rare? I assumed they were readily available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom